What are you listening to now? Page 886

Shania Twain's 'Come On Over'. Now THAT is a supreme pop album.

I've had three albums on heavy rotation, they're all fantastic.

Childish Gambino - Camp (this one took me by surprise, I really love his lyrical prowess and flow)
Janelle Monae - Archandroid (wonderfully inventive alternative pop record, my favourite of last year)
OFF! - OFF! (16 minutes of pure 1980s-style US hardcore glory)

Oh, and the new Animal Collective single. They've really grown on me over the last few years of producing electronic music myself. I really enjoyed Panda Bear's latest solo record.

I've also been repeatedly listening back to a backing track I'm working on. A rapper contacted me about collaborating on a song through Soundcloud, and I thought, what a fun idea! Can't wait to hear the result of that.

Random(ish) mix of Seals and Crofts tunes - best soft-rock/pop duo ever = fact. :D

Quote: Garry Lee @ May 13 2012, 5:40 PM BST

I've had three albums on heavy rotation, they're all fantastic.

Childish Gambino - Camp (this one took me by surprise, I really love his lyrical prowess and flow)
Janelle Monae - Archandroid (wonderfully inventive alternative pop record, my favourite of last year)
OFF! - OFF! (16 minutes of pure 1980s-style US hardcore glory)

Oh, and the new Animal Collective single. They've really grown on me over the last few years of producing electronic music myself. I really enjoyed Panda Bear's latest solo record.

I've also been repeatedly listening back to a backing track I'm working on. A rapper contacted me about collaborating on a song through Soundcloud, and I thought, what a fun idea! Can't wait to hear the result of that.

Childish Gambino is a comedy rapper, isn't he? I know he used to write for 30 Rock.

Quote: shaggy292 @ May 13 2012, 1:49 PM BST

Shania Twain's 'Come On Over'. Now THAT is a supreme pop album.

The video for Any Man Of Mine is one of my all time turn ons . .

( I know it's not on this album )

Quote: catskillz @ May 13 2012, 11:47 PM BST

Childish Gambino is a comedy rapper, isn't he? I know he used to write for 30 Rock.

He's funny with good punchlines but I wouldn't call him a comedy rapper.

Birdhouse in your Soul- They Might Be Giants. Such a good song :)

I always think that's by the B52s.

Listening to some Who on Mr. Townshend's 67th birthday.

Hoagy Carmichael--Stardust

I never get tired of that song.

Julia Stone - You're The One That I Want

The Weepies - Orbiting

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 14 2012, 4:38 PM BST

He's funny with good punchlines but I wouldn't call him a comedy rapper.

He's in Community!

Last night I was listening to some Be Your Own Pet.

Nice. And. Loud.

Well, not too loud.

Everytime I hear the start of this on the radio I think it's going to be this, so I'm listening to that.