The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 356

Huddersfield did me proud. Had my first thrilling thought of a trip to Wembley. But, I have supported Hudds for a lot of years and seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too many times.

Quote: Jamey @ May 12 2012, 1:16 PM BST

Everton and Liverpool have equal goals scored and conceded but Everton are one point ahead, so goal difference won't be the decider.

What if Everton lose and Liverpool draw?

Quote: catskillz @ May 12 2012, 3:47 PM BST

Then it'll come down to goal-difference.

(Shows how much these Manchester United glory hunters really know about football.)

City 1 - 1 QPR
Sunderland 2-1 Manchester United.

Quote: catskillz @ May 12 2012, 3:47 PM BST

If Everton can lose without worsening their goal difference they'll remain above Liverpool.

Quote: catskillz @ May 12 2012, 12:45 PM BST

Everton would have been able to relax tomorrow against Newcastle, if we hadn't had a perfectly good goal ruled out by the ref, against Wolves last week, who said it was offside. Now it's gonna be really close between us and Liverpool, waiting to see who finishes in the highest position. I think I'll check which of us has the better Goal Difference. I know that we have conceded fewer goals than any other team, apart from City and United.

How the mighty have fallen - Liverpool fighting for 7th place.

:S

Quote: Badge @ May 12 2012, 4:38 PM BST

If Everton can lose without worsening their goal difference they'll remain above Liverpool.

:)

Quote: Badge @ May 12 2012, 4:38 PM BST

Um - I don't think so!

Quote: TopBanana @ May 12 2012, 4:40 PM BST

How the mighty have fallen - Liverpool fighting for 7th place.

:S

They also spent a massive amount of money, unlike the Toffees.

Quote: Chappers @ May 12 2012, 4:18 PM BST

Then it'll come down to goal-difference.

(Shows how much these Manchester United glory hunters really know about football.)

City 1 - 1 QPR
Sunderland 2-1 Manchester United.

Sorry, what I meant was that if it does come down to goal difference, there is only one outcome since even with the smallest victory Liverpool would have coincided less.

When I look back, what I said doesn't make sense.

I'm not a City fan but I have a nasty feeling United are going to pull this out of the bag. A late equaliser by Barton with QPR having been outplayed the entire match.

Everyone is expecting the Manchester clubs to win but I'd be really annoyed if I was a Sunderland fan/player. The concept of them getting anything in a home game just hasn't been discussed.

One of the funniest things about when Blackburn won was United's inability to beat West Ham. Fergie complained that the Hammers upped their game to stop them winning the title but what did he expect? They weren't just going to roll over and it's the same story today. If I pay good money to see my club play I want to see them win.

It's not looking as though Newcastle will get anything out of today, but it's been a great year. :)

Great end to the season, what a final 10 mins!

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 13 2012, 4:57 PM BST

Great end to the season, what a final 10 mins!

Amazing. Just amazing.

Chappers just sex soiled his pants.

:D