03. Garth Marenghi's Darkplace / Man To Man with Dean Learner
04. The IT Crowd
05. Psychoville
06. 15 Storeys High
07. Bottom
08. Blackadder
09. Fawlty Towers
10. Mrs. Brown's Boys

I think Saxondale is hugely underrated. It's very layered and improves with repeat viewings. Fave line: "You've gotta laugh don't ya Tommy?" "Really, I thought it was optional"

(These are my favourites...)

1) My Family
2) The Vicar of Dibley
3) Not Going Out
4) Miranda
5) Blackadder (Blackadder II was my favourite of the series)
6) Gavin & Stacey
7) Only Fools and Horses
8) After You've Gone
9) Outnumbered
10) Bottom

I also love: The Thin Blue Line, Open All Hours, Keeping Up Appearances, Terry and June, The Green Green Grass, Two Pints of Lager, Coming of Age any many, many more.

1. Hancock's Half Hour
2. Fawlty Towers
3. Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
4. The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin
5. The Office
6. Ever Decreasing Circles
7. My Family (First two series are amazing)
8. I'm Alan Partridge (Loved Christmas special)
9. Black Books (Like a British Seinfeld)
10. Extras

1. Goodnight Sweetheart
2. 2point4 Children
3. Absolutely Fabulous
3. Birds of a Feather ( Couldn't pick)
4. The Vicar of Dibley
5. Keeping up Appearances
6. Miranda
7. The Inbetweeners
8. Next of Kin
9. Fawlty Towers
10. Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps

Top 10 Forgotten ones

1. Next of Kin
2. Health and Efficiency
3. Oh Doctor Beeching
4. On the Up
5. Dad
6. Kiss Me Kate
7. Pilgrim's Rest
8. Radio Roo
9. The Thin Blue Line
10. So Haunt Me

This list is not necessarily in order of funniness but also based on originality and other qualities such as acting and production.

1. The Young Ones
2. Blackadders
3. Dad's Army
4. Father Ted
5. Yes Minister/Prime Minister
6. Porridge
7. The Smoking Room
8. Red Dwarf
9. Fawlty Towers
10. Bottom

Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

1. Inbetweeners

Reminds me of being that age, captures it very well. Jay is excellent in portraying the insecure, socially awkward teen desperate to climb the social ladder. Caravan Club is classic. Juvenile but very funny. Makes me nostalgic for my mid-to-late teens. Disappointed more aren't being made.

2. Father Ted

I love the style, theme and simplicity of it; probably my most watched sitcom ever. My favourite episode would have to be Hell, where they go on a holiday on Craggy Island, only to have to share the caravan with Graham Norton's character.

3. I'm Alan Partridge

Coogan is a genius in creating comedic dialogue. The stalker episode I can never tire of, that last scene where he leaps over the fence I have seen in the hundreds I think.

4. Peep Show

Unique style and great characters. Jeremy particularly steals it. The episode where he becomes Super Hans' sex servant springs to mind.

5. IT Crowd

Much like the stories in Father Ted, quirky and upbeat. Linehan delivers again. The Countdown episode and the Work Outing are class.

6. Red Dwarf

What can I say? For such a ridiculous premise, it works. Some amazing plots, such as Better Than Life (when will someone invent this game?)

7. Him and Her

I like the style of production and the focus on the nuances of their relationship, especially in relation to the supporting characters.

8. Nighty Night

Julia Davis is a genius and Nighty Night was a superb black comedy. I think the second series went off on a bit of a tangent and really showed that it couldn't continue. But the first series and the mixture of raw humour, coupled with the darker elements were a breath of fresh air.

9. Keeping Up Appearances

Humbling and reminds me of being a kid watching it on TV. So the sentimental definitely adds a few points. It's not so much that I like Hyacinth's character, but more that I like the gentle plots and social class narrative.

10. Men Behaving Badly

90s Lad culture in a sitcom, good banter.

As previously said by other people, this list could easily change from one day to the next and is by no means definitive.

Other mentions to Goodnight Sweetheart, Only Fools and Horses, Bottom, Phoenix Nights, Game on.

Fascinating list, Gawd. A really interesting mix, and good reasoning behind the choices too! :)

Quote: Aaron @ May 12 2012, 6:43 PM BST

Fascinating list, Gawd. A really interesting mix, and good reasoning behind the choices too! :)

Four posts and already he's a shoe in for a mention in the forum quotes area of the newsletter.

Makes you sick doesn't it ? Some of us have been trying years, More chance of an MBE . . .

I shall write to the Postmaster General.

'Dear General . . . '

Thanks Aaron and Oldrocker, I'd say that it was my top ten generally too, although with the addition of the Simpsons in the top 3.

I'm new to the forum, and think this is definitely the best way to mark my first post.

The order, and indeed some of the sitcoms included will change on a near daily basis, but at the moment I'd say:

1. Steptoe & Son
2. Rising Damp
3. Only Fools And Horses
4. The Office
5. I'm Alan Partridge
6. Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
7. The Inbetweeners
8. Ideal
9. Dad's Army
10. Porridge

Father Ted, The Likely Lads, Til Death us do Part and Porridge narrowly miss out... for now.