Most annoying comedy show title sequence Page 3

My Family had a bad intro, my favourite ever was The Gary Shandling Show , or Seinfeld short but sweet

The Office (American). Waited six seasons to update the shots of the actors. Also bothers me (only a little, I'm not mental) that B.J Novak is in the title sequence. I know he is a big part of the show behind the scenes, but on screen his character has less air time than most of the rest of the supporting cast.

Cheers, because I can't help singing along.

Quote: honora @ June 23 2011, 5:30 AM BST

Australian Comedy- Kath and Kim gets my vote,

I rather enjoyed that, more so than the programme that followed really.

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ March 28 2012, 5:32 PM BST

My Family had a bad intro

No, that was a warning ;)

Nurse Jackie!

On the flip side of this thread, does anyone else enjoy how long audiences clap at the end of 60s-80s sitcoms? Legend / Wikipedia tells us that a 'Some Mothers Do Ave Em' audience had to keep applauding non-stop for 18 minutes! Many would faint through sheer exhaustion, and the BBC Head of Light Entertainment would have to go round handing out cigarettes, Spangles and beer, keeping spirits up.

But back on topic; yes, when The Simpsons decided to do their 'long' title sequence I scream.

PS - And I put it to the jury that the title sequence of The Mysterious Cities of Gold was far, far longer than Dogtanian. When that mother finished there was barely any time to get on with the episode.

Quote: Robert Sacamano @ May 12 2012, 6:43 PM BST

On the flip side of this thread, does anyone else enjoy how long audiences clap at the end of 60s-80s sitcoms? Legend / Wikipedia tells us that a 'Some Mothers Do Ave Em' audience had to keep applauding non-stop for 18 minutes! Many would faint through sheer exhaustion, and the BBC Head of Light Entertainment would have to go round handing out cigarettes, Spangles and beer, keeping spirits up.

Laughing out loud

Quote: tiger_rick @ March 27 2012, 5:15 PM BST

Whoever put together the Fawlty Towers opening was an idiot. He couldn't even spell it!

Laughing out loud

Loads of the American sitcoms in the 70s and 80s had the most awful, but catchy theme tunes. Like the Jeffersons, 3's company, Diffrent strokes. Family Guy do a parody of the Maude opening song that is hilarious.