Only Fools mistakes Page 3

I always prefered the interspecies marriage, Dr Who follow up;

Terry and Judoon.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ April 30 2012, 3:21 PM BST

No good. Clashes with 'Pointless'.

The title says it all.

How anyone could not appreciate Terry and June is quite, quite beyond me.

Doesn't even enter into my sphere of thinking.

OK. Educate me. I'm not being testy I really want to like this show but every time I record it on the Tivo box I find myself hating it 5 minutes in. Which series/episodes are the ones to aim for. I am keen to enjoy it so please help.

Series 1 is a good place to start! The 1980s' episodes are the best.

Always thought that show started in the late 70s....

September '81.

Crappy Virgin Tivo box ALWAYS quotes some episodes as 1979. That's it, I'm going to sue....

It's probably based on information from the ever-reliable IMDb.

George and Mildred miles better

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 13 2007, 12:45 AM GMT

Remember the episode "The Frog's Legacy", well Del Boy hears of Freddie the Frog for the first time. In the final episode "Sleepless in Peckham", where you find out Freddie the Frog is Rodney's father, you find out Del knew him when he was 15.

I love OFAH to bits but there are loads of them:

He (Freddie) went on the Jolly Boys Outing, the photo. He's in it! Del's in it.
Uncle Albert knew him and yet, until Grandad's funeral they had never heard of him!
And yet she knew him from the cafés, well Del would have been about then.

Albert says Reenie was a goer and really knows her, but he's the same generation as Grandad, and would have been too old back in the 60s. Seeing as Grandad and Albert had a falling out, they didn't live in the same house, Albert was at war or in the navy, how did that work?

In Hole In One, he's meant to have spent most of his time in a laundry in the Isle of Wight. Others, like the one where he mentions the German girl with 9 fingers, he WAS abroad during the 1939-1945 CONFLICT WITH GERMANY.

When the show started back at episode 1, Del clearly states Rodney came along 13 years after him and yet when you add up half the time the actual age gap is 15 years.

There's Jumbo, he was Del's mate but they didn't recognise each other when he sold him a motor, the one he bought off Boycie, and yet, when in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, when he offers Del a job to go to Oz, he does.

I might do a full list of them, but despite these things it's awesome.

Quote: Vince White @ May 10 2012, 4:47 AM BST

Albert says Reenie was a goer and really knows her, but he's the same generation as Grandad, and would have been too old back in the 60s. Seeing as Grandad and Albert had a falling out, they didn't live in the same house, Albert was at war or in the navy, how did that work?

If she was a "goer", that rather implies she mightn't discriminate by age! In any case, you know all about someone by reputation without having, erm, 'known' them. Good point that he probably wasn't living in the area - I don't think we ever find out what exactly he was doing after the war - but again, being from the area, having family and friends in the area, and indeed eventually returning to the area, it's not unbelievable that he wouldn't have known other people and their reputations.

Quote: Vince White @ May 10 2012, 4:47 AM BST

There's Jumbo, he was Del's mate but they didn't recognise each other when he sold him a motor, the one he bought off Boycie, and yet, when in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, when he offers Del a job to go to Oz, he does.

That's known as "actor playing two roles" syndrome. ;)

The whole Freddy Robdal thing was an excuse for Mr Sullivan to finish the series off and make Rock and Chips. It doesn't make any sense.

However he's still a great writer.

As for mistakes - who cares, corpsing's great - at least the actors enjoy themselves.

I've got one.
That time they stood under the wrong Chandelier.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 12 2012, 2:13 AM BST

I've got one.
That time they stood under the wrong Chandelier.

:D