Otley

Classic 1968 comedy. Seems odd you can only buy an American region DVD. Anyone know a source for an English version?

Cheers
Marc

Why not get a regionless DVD player? Costs no more than a normal one now.

And if the one you've got now isn't region free you can hack it. I did my LG a few months ago.

Google the make, model number and 'region free hack'. You should find something.

Cheers guys, it's for a friend who is techno illiterate! :)

Then why not buy them the recorder as well? They could be waiting years for a home release to come out, that's the problem. Still no Otley, still no The Jokers, still no Psychomania, still many good ones not yet on home DVD, although I have to say, many more have made it in last couple of years, which is great news. Like Tales From The Crypt. :)

Yeah maybe I will buy him a wide screen TV and house to put them in too :)

You can get a multi region Sony DVD player for under £30.

There you go, hand in pocket time, Marc/Marc's friend. :)

Or you could buy it and rip it, removing the region coding. Or your 'techno' mate could.

Cheers guys :)

Its debut UK release - a delicious region-free Blu-ray restoration with a host of extras - is out tomorrow. I can see why it was never the biggest of hit films, but it's never the less a very fun comic crime caper. If you're interested at all in the film, I do recommend it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/otley/shop/5703/otley/

Had this in my Amazon basket for some time based on a viewing about 30 years ago. It seems to be fairly consistently around £14-19 which seems a lot for a film nowadays. I've probably been spoilt by being able to pickup box sets for fiver but is it actually any good or more for historical interest?

I really enjoyed seeing it, but didn't think it way out amazing.

Assuming you're talking about the Blu-ray then unless you can pick up a second hand copy that's the cheapest ball park you'll find it for as it's a very good remaster with loads of extras, from a very small label. I think early copies also have a booklet. Very much a deluxe release.

OK you've convinced me. Gone for the new blu-ray at a massive £19. That's about two series of NCIS :)

Enjoy!