Underused Characters Page 2

Always thought that the Pinner family ( Mom - Rita, Dad - Les and useless son - Clifford ) from Just Good Friends had enormous potential for a sitcom as British nouveaux riche on the Algarve....

Quote: Frimston and Rowett @ July 23 2011, 3:55 PM BST

I always wished Carl Weathers was in more than three episodes of Arrested Development. Though there are so many brilliant supporting characters in that show, you could probably make a case for any of them.

Quote: Markaroni @ April 26 2012, 7:29 PM BST

Jean Ralphio in Parks and Recreation.

Agreed on both cases.

I'm also hoping to see more Dr. Leo Spaceman in 30 Rock, Dr. Ben (Gervais' character) in Louie, and Wanda Sykes in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I wish there was a way to get Greg, the really effeminate kid, back into Curb Your Enthusiasm. Such a great character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYVK_OqyUzk&feature=related

Quote: DougWonnacott @ April 26 2012, 2:16 PM BST

Slater in Only Fools and Horses

Definitely. Or maybe used sparingly to great effect, as the Slater episodes are probably my favourite OFAH eps.

I agree with Dan in Alan Partridge and I think Finchy from the office could of been used more. He was a right card Errr

Quote: Rigid Bones @ July 22 2011, 9:37 PM BST

Edith in "Still Game". Not that well known outside Scotland but really funny - look it up on YouTube. You'll howl!

Boaby & Navid's Mrs. / Jamsie from Rab. Also, McClaren in Porridge.

England Scotland

I think the Police Chief in Twenty Twelve was underused, but there were masses of characters like this only brought in for one episode.

Colin in The Brittas Empire.

Betty or Sharon in Mrs Brown's Boys hardly get seen or get a mention

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 6 2013, 3:15 PM GMT

Colin in The Brittas Empire.

Come on, he made electricity out of effluent, he had a teenage daughter; he was used in every episode...

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 6 2013, 7:22 PM GMT

Come on, he made electricity out of effluent, he had a teenage daughter, he was used in nearly every episode...

Yes, I agree with that. Colin was in pretty much every episode of Brittas Empire. Laughing out loud

Yeah, still, underused. A few seconds per episode...he could have been a Baldrick-like hero. Instead we got the annoying wife and the boring gay couple.

The pratmobile in OFAH wasn't used that much after its funny introduction.

I'm not sure if he'd be as effective in larger quantities, but I still think I'd like a bit more Creed in The Office.

The IT guy in The Office was great - one of the highlights of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8pgV74_Hw

Frank "Weazel" Weisel in Yes Minister.