The Matt Lucas Awards - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: Lee @ April 18 2012, 12:36 PM BST

I've seen/heard* both. That was my face when watching the TV version.

:)

I prefer the radio version. I think Matt Lucas is good on it, but the guests have been pretty dull and the weird little skits (all the singing in particular) I found more embarressing than funny. Like being forced to watch strangers do karaoke.

I'll watch episode 3 but if it's more of the same I don't think I'll bother with the rest of the run.

Scrap that. Just clicked on the Matt Lucas Awards page on this site. One of the guests on ep3 is Louis Walsh and there is a clip of him wearing hip hop gear (I guess he will be rapping or something). No way I would be able to sit through that. So I can't watch any more on principle. Shame really.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ April 23 2012, 3:01 PM BST

One of the guests on ep3 is Louis Walsh and there is a clip of him wearing hip hop gear (I guess he will be rapping or something). No way I would be able to sit through that. So I can't watch any more on principle. Shame really.

In this modern age where war in Afghanistan, genocide in the Sudan and the constant threat of nuclear destruction from North Korea beckons - it is refreshing to see someone willing to stand up for their principles of not watching Louis Walsh having a bit of a rap on a comedy programme.

Perhaps one day, you will allow me to tell my grandchildren about your heroic stance on X Factor judges appearing on Tuesday night panel shows.

*I promise that when I recount the tale to my future offspring, I will be playing stirring music in the background, possibly Dream is Collapsing from the Inception soundtrack*

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 23 2012, 4:07 PM BST

In this modern age where war in Afghanistan, genocide in the Sudan and the constant threat of nuclear destruction from North Korea beckons - it is refreshing to see someone willing to stand up for their principles of not watching Louis Walsh having a bit of a rap on a comedy programme.

Perhaps one day, you will allow me to tell my grandchildren about your heroic stance on X Factor judges appearing on Tuesday night panel shows.

*I promise that when I recount the tale to my future offspring, I will be playing stirring music in the background, possibly Dream is Collapsing from the Inception soundtrack*

Please do. Choice of guests on comedy panel shows is a major issue in today's British society. It is something I feel very strongly about. I also refuse to become hooked on any class A drugs. This is my stand against Afghanistan's Opium industry.

Pleasant but dull, like Room 101 for people who scare easily. These shows live and die by the strength of their guests and without anyone to mix it up, the whole thing falls a bit flat.

Just like the Sarah Millican show, very talented writers and performers let down by a clunky format.

I only turned it on for a minute and he was eating a choc ice. It made me hungry.
I shall have to watch the repeat, forgot it was on.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 24 2012, 11:24 PM BST

Pleasant but dull, like Room 101 for people who scare easily. These shows live and die by the strength of their guests and without anyone to mix it up, the whole thing falls a bit flat.

Just like the Sarah Millican show, very talented writers and performers let down by a clunky format.

Not quite the same as Millican. Least the guests can get a word in.

A crate of Jaffa Cakes on the way to Mr Lucas?

It's okay, nowt special though. I'll watch it if the TV happens to be on BBC One. Had the same feel as 'new' Room 101.

I thought his mum was an actress with a rubber face at first.

TELL HIM WE DON'T WANT HIM IN SCOTLAND AT NEW YEAR HE IS A WEE BALDY FAT FART WITH NOT BRAIN AND NOT >>>>>>>

THIS MAN SHOULDN'T BE ON TV HORRID HORRID AND NOT FUNNY JUST HAPPENED TO TURN OVER CHANNEL AND HEAR HIS INSULT ON SCOTLAND STAY IN ENGLAND AT NEW YEAR HADDRIGANS WALL WAS BUILT FOR THIS PURPOSE TO KEEP ALL YOU PRATS OOOT

Where's this Haddrigan's wall about?

Quote: scot222 @ May 5 2012, 12:00 AM BST

TELL HIM WE DON'T WANT HIM IN SCOTLAND AT NEW YEAR HE IS A WEE BALDY FAT FART WITH NOT BRAIN AND NOT >>>>>>>

THIS MAN SHOULDN'T BE ON TV HORRID HORRID AND NOT FUNNY JUST HAPPENED TO TURN OVER CHANNEL AND HEAR HIS INSULT ON SCOTLAND STAY IN ENGLAND AT NEW YEAR HADDRIGANS WALL WAS BUILT FOR THIS PURPOSE TO KEEP ALL YOU PRATS OOOT

Not to accuse you of being a Scottish stereotype or anything, but can you stop shouting, please?

Quote: Markaroni @ May 5 2012, 12:05 AM BST

Where's this Haddrigan's wall about?

Slightly below the Antanddec wall...

Crikey, bit of an effort to get through this week, the show really seems to drag hard.

Mark Gatiss' son wasn't very funny, but was impressed by his service station / motorway knowledge.

Maybe they'll spice it up next week with 'the most unbelieveable bits of the Koran' category.

Going to ignore the obvious Zionist conspiracy of Matt giving the award to the BT lady.

Quote: scot222 @ May 5 2012, 12:00 AM BST

Glad to know you're so patriotic that you can't spell the name of the most important wall in Scotland. Thick or what.