The Sitcom Trials 2012 Page 11

Kev,

I'm writing a script to submit, but it would have a 5th character (with about 2-3 lines max), a talent judge, if the audience voted for it to win (the cliffhanger scene).

Would it be permissible for either you, or one of the judges to play this character? My script will be pretty knackered without it, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.[/quote]
Don't sweat it. If it's funny enough we'll find a way to do it. Bring it on.

Anyone who wants to bend the rules, go for it. The most important thing is your scripts being funny and worth showcasing on stage.

Kev F

At the Bristol Sitcom Trials meeting today, we huddled over pints and sheltered from the rain as we read (amongst other scripts) the first draft of our team-written sitcom about a farmer who really wants to be a detective. And we started a script about statistics, demographics and focus groups (an idea based on questions we asked everyone in the pub). Things now shaping up for our next show at the Wardrobe Theatre on Friday 29th June, tickets now on sale here:

http://thewardrobetheatre.com/#/the-sitcom-trials/4559558932

Next meeting: Sunday 13 May, 2pm, Oxford pub, Totterdown, Bristol. All welcome, so feel free to come along and say hello.

Thanks Kev, I've finished and uploaded my script 'LINDA' now. Good luck to all of the other entries. Looking forward to reading them.

Hello,
Just uploaded 'Cooper - Introduction.' Would someone mind trying to open it just to check the upload worked. I get fearful paranoid about this sort of thing.
Thanks
Neil

Quote: Trinder @ May 1 2012, 7:15 PM BST

Hello,
Just uploaded 'Cooper - Introduction.' Would someone mind trying to open it just to check the upload worked. I get fearful paranoid about this sort of thing.
Thanks
Neil

It opens fine, just checked it for you (EDIT: And it's pretty good too). :)

Well, without getting ahead of ourselves. That band name named after the band members joke of yours is a corker. Best of luck mate.

I'm not entering this time around but good luck to all who are.

Does anyone know what time the deadline for the Eurovision one is tomorrow? Is it the end of tomorrow (midnight), or some other time?

Well it better be the end of tomorrow, cos I've no chance of finishing it tonight!

Dan

There have been loads of scripts added in the last few days. I'm expecting to see a couple more last minute tonight. Looking forward to reading them all.

Yeah, mine's one of them. Time for a cuppa.

Best of luck everyone!

Dan

Eurovision Sitcom Contest - time to vote

The scripts have been entered in the Eurovision Sitcom Contest, the deadline for entries has passed, and now it is time for you to vote. Yes you. If you're reading this, then we want to have your input in choosing which of these scripts should be performed at the show in London on May 24th.

The Eurovision Song Contest is a special edition of The Sitcom Trials which, if you're unfamiliar with it, is the long-running stage and TV show in which we present brand new situation comedies and the audience vote for their favourite and only see the ending of the winner. Past partcipants in the Sitcom Trials include Miranda Hart, Land Girls writer Roland Moore, Neil Mullarkey & the Comedy Store Players, Perrier Winner Laura Solon and many more. Now we have to select the scripts that will be tested on stage next*

Have we found the new Episodes? The new Extras? The new Ever Decreasing Circles? You decide.

This is how it works. You, dear reader, are invited to go to the Eurovision folder in the Sits Vac files where you will find 18 scripts (it will be necessary to join the SitsVac egroup in order to access the files, this is free and all entrants past and present have already done so). We would like you to read as many of these scripts as you can (you don't need to read all of them) then review (in a Twitter-length review) and vote on whether they should be included in the live show. Vote YES, MAYBE or NO.

Please post these reviews and votes to either of these places: The Sits Vac Message Board
or The British Comedy Guide Forum (Sitcom Trials thread)

They will then be totted up like so:
A YES is worth 2 points,
a MAYBE is worth 1 points,
and a NO is worth minus 1 point.
So it doesn't matter if you don't manage to read every script, your votes will affect the scripts you have read, and will leave unmarked those that you can't open or can't get round to.

Please, if possible, upload your votes and reviews in one go, rather than posting them script-by-script, and do not just give a list of votes without reviews. We need to see your reviews to a) help the writer benefit from this process and b) prove you actually read the scripts. If you have any questions about the Eurovision Sitcom Contest or The Sitcom Trials you can ask at The Sits Vac Forum, The British Comedy Guide Forum, or Facebook

Deadline for your reviews and votes is Saturday May 12th, after which they will be totalled up and the line-up for the show decided. You can see examples of previous voting (and the discussion that follows) here and here. Happy voting. The scripts in contention are:

A Long Way To AzerBaijan
A Thong For Europe
A Weekend With Wogan
All The Fun Of The Fair
Art For Arts Sake
Audition
Band On The Run
Checking Out
Cooper Introduction
Doodlebugs
Euromurder
Labasci Washington
Linda
Make Up Dave
Meat
Moonstricken
Outgoings
Rogue State
Sing Your Life
The Eurovision Boycott
The Peoples Flag
Think Tank

*NB We are selecting three of the sitcoms that will be performed on the night. Two of the international entries are being written and produced independently of this process, by teams representing European countries. These will be revealed on the night.

PS: The theme of this show is Eurovision so, when making the final selection, I will be paying particular attention to which scripts have addressed the theme. If there is any final adjudication in the case of close voting, that will be up to me, and the theme will be taken into consideration.

Kev F Sutherland
Creator & producer, The Sitcom Trials

The Sitcom Trials present: THE EUROVISION SITCOM CONTEST

Thu May 24
The Camden Head
100 Camden High Street London NW1 0LU
8pm - 10pm £3

Took me the entire day, but my reviews are now up. Good luck everyone.

I'm in the process of reading the Sitcom Trials Eurovision entries and I can't open files that are saved as docx . I'm sure it's not me who has this problem, in fact I know from previous voting rounds that others share this problem. So, could those writers upload their files as pdf or .doc instead?

The files I can't open are:
A Long Way To Azerbaijan
Sing Your Life
The Eurovision Boycott
Think Tank

Cheers

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Kev, I just converted all of the above, and e-mailed the .doc versions to you at your virgin e-mail address.