Can't Remember

Can anyone tell me what this programme was on ITV1?

It was a comedy sketch show in which every week a group of celebrities would come on and have to improvise their way through the scene.

I think it was called something like glad you are here, but not sure.

Please help.

The Paul Merton one
I was expecting you or something.
Thank God you're here?

That was it, Thank God You're Here, Thanks Steve

I liked that show. Shame it didn't really take off.

This was an Australian show orginally. It ran 3 or 4 seasons here. I really enjoyed it and whish they'd bring it back.

I just watched the 2nd episode of the UK version on YouTube... might be the first comedy show I've seen a US/UK/Aus version of... all versions of this leave me wanting a bit more. Maybe they should have went the Curb Your Enthusiasm route and improved twice and edited together the best bits.

Quote: MTpromises @ April 30 2012, 6:36 PM BST

I just watched the 2nd episode of the UK version on YouTube... might be the first comedy show I've seen a US/UK/Aus version of... all versions of this leave me wanting a bit more. Maybe they should have went the Curb Your Enthusiasm route and improved twice and edited together the best bits.

Not sure how the US/UK version worked but the Australian one was filmed in front of a live audience. Also they couldn't really re shoot it as the idea of the show was that performer walking through the door had no idea of the situation. I supose they could have done two scenarios with each performer and played the best one.

As with panel shows it always depended on who was on and how they all jelled together.