Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 15

Oh Jack, you do still manage to surprise and disappoint me sometimes!

This is my first time I saw this. It was bloody brillant.

"There's always a but involved" LOL.

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 21 2012, 12:22 AM BST

They all seemed to have hugh, silver, dilated pupils, or was I imagining that?

Who is Hugh?

At least 3 laugh out loud moments and that was me watching on my own. I don't often actually laugh out loud.

Quote: Chappers @ April 21 2012, 5:01 PM BST

I don't often actually laugh out loud.

I thought you supported Chelsea...

Fantastic episode this week. I think I laughed constantly for the first 15 minutes. It was line after line after line.

Only unfunny stuff in the episode was Daisy's "stupidity" which gets on my bloody nerves.

THAT WAS SCARY.

Heee.

Not quite as funny as last week, but some good jokes toward the end. Still miles funnier than almost any other sitcom on any British television channel since ... well, the last series of Not Going Out, frankly.

Best episode of the current series. Reminded me of the Only Fools and Horses episode "Friday the 14th" and was nearly as funny (which is meant as a huge compliment). It's rare for sitcoms doing a 'scary' episode to be anything other than a little tedious, but I was certainly unnerved during Lee's first encounter with the clown. It was also a great demonstration of using tension to heighten comedy.

Daisy probably walked away with the best lines, again. Her reaction to Batman was superb. All the cast were on top form, as was the director.

Wouldn't the clown have asked what was going on when Lee and Tim were both shouting 'Over Here'? Perhaps they could have made them a role playing group who thought that Tim and Lee were part of their game.

I thought that episode was one of the funniest of any sitcom I've seen in many a year.

I Really Enjoyed this episode I could not stop laughing brillant episode

Loved this episode! Some really great moments and quite nice to see them out of the flat for at least one episode. The slightly altered No Eye Deer joke cracked me up.

Quote: Murphy @ April 27 2012, 10:39 PM BST

All the cast were on top form, as was the director.

Agreed. I actually really like that they've settled on this four as the main cast now. They really do bounce off each other incredibly well.

Just gonna echo what's been said already.... a brilliant camping episode & actually one of my favs of the show ever. Bloody scary too! :D

I thought the first episode was rather poor, but the second was much better and then this week the third episode was a further improvement. Definitely the best episode of this series so far.

However, Daisy really needs to go. Her 'stupidity' was funny at first but now it's highly irritating. Get rid of her and bring Miranda Hart back, please. Also, a few more episodes with just Lee and Tim wouldn't go a miss either, because their banter is one of the funniest aspects of the show.

And I agree with Aaron. Even at its worst, Not Going Out is the best comedy on television at the moment. No surprise that it's been sold to 120 countries! Cool Also, Lee Mack and Tim Vine are quickly becoming my favourite stand-up comedians on the circuit at the moment, with Stewart Lee in close second.