TV Go Home

I've just found out about this sketch show from 2001:

TV Go Home

Cult website TVGoHome, which witheringly satirises television in the form of spoof Radio Times-style listings, has been turned into a TV show.

TVGoHome made its TV debut in December 2001 as a sketch show on Channel 4's digital entertainment service, E4.

The six-part series included Daily Mail Island, in which a Castaway-style group of leftwing volunteers are deserted on a remote island. Other sketches include high energy celebrity magazine show Scorch, spoof nostalgic show I Love Then and an animation, Anaesthetic Hospital.

Among the regular characters is bland reporter Duncan Noose, vile American TV host Crud Dunker, and the Flailers, three giant puppets with enormous genitals. TVGoHome features Sam Spiro, Alex Lowe, Catherine Tate, Kevin Hay and Colin Bennett.

The show aired in December 2001 on E4. It is also a book, published in 2001 by Fourth Estate.

Does anyone remember this show - and if so - was it any good?

Quote: groovydude89 @ April 23 2012, 2:40 PM BST

I've just found out about this sketch show from 2001:

Does anyone remember this show - and if so - was it any good?

I was a big fan of Brooker's from the TV Go Home website and his Guardian / computer magazine articles. I was so excited about his TV debut I got a bunch of friends round my house so we could watch the pilot together. It was utter shite.