10 O'Clock Live - Series 2 Page 12

I feel this series has been an improvement for reasons listed above. They should look at the debate on elitism last night to see how to do those in future, if there's another series.

The next series needs to be live on Friday or Sunday. Satire simply doesn't work midweek, but Jay Hunt (the creative officer at C4, who was also responsible for HIGNFY moving to Thursdays when she was at BBC One) seems hellbent on scheduling it there anyway. Other than that, if they continue working on it in the way they did this series, it will continue to improve.

I know I've said this before, but...why is it live? They don't use Twitter or Facebook at all, which is a massive opportunity missed given their target market. And if they're not going to do that, surely they'd be better off recording 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the early afternoon and then editing the best bits into a tight 45 minute evening show?

Quote: GGdown @ April 12 2012, 11:09 PM BST

I know I've said this before, but...why is it live? They don't use Twitter or Facebook at all, which is a massive opportunity missed given their target market. And if they're not going to do that, surely they'd be better off recording 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the early afternoon and then editing the best bits into a tight 45 minute evening show?

I think it's a legal reason so politicians don't get misrepresented. But really I don't know.

I'm glad they don't use Twitter though. Any kind of involvement of members of the public on TV is a very, very bad thing.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ April 12 2012, 11:33 PM BST

I think it's a legal reason so politicians don't get misrepresented. But really I don't know.

Question Time records at 8 or 9pm (I forget), so unless there's some special dispensation for 'straight' over entertainment programming, that seems unlikely?

I think the answer is that they think it makes the show seem more edgy and spontaneous, and of course it allows them to cover breaking news stories, and look at the next day's papers, as they've done a few times.

It's a strange one.

I'll happily watch it if it's on but I'll never seek it out. Lauren Laverne just doesn't cut it alongside three very funny and spontaneous characters. She also can't read an autocue to save her life.

The Jimmy Carr sketches are probably my favourite part. They are daft as hell and feature some very dodgy costumes but I feel it adds a bit of light to a show very heavy on preachy left wing material.

Quote: Aaron @ April 13 2012, 12:14 AM BST

Question Time records at 8 or 9pm (I forget), so unless there's some special dispensation for 'straight' over entertainment programming, that seems unlikely?

I think the answer is that they think it makes the show seem more edgy and spontaneous, and of course it allows them to cover breaking news stories, and look at the next day's papers, as they've done a few times.

Actually, that makes sense. HIGNFY is pre-recorded and they have politicians on all the time.

Enjoyed the last episode.
Definitely laughed out loud a good few times.