Watson & Oliver - Series 1 Page 13

Very good news. I gave up watching after episode 2 but loads of shows need a second series to find their feet. With better scripts and fewer repetitive sketches (not the same thing as running characters) then this has potential, due to the rapport and skills of the leads.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ March 13 2012, 9:56 AM GMT

If "no-one" finds Miranda Hart funny then it seems odd that she won the "People's Choice Award", voted for by viewers, at the Comedy Awards last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12260572

I would suggest that quite a lot of people find her funny and are prepared to prove it by phone voting for her.

Never found Miranda Hart funny! Phone voting is rigged anyway. If I wanted an act to win, what's to stop me phoning five, ten, or fifty times?

Watson & Oliver are just as unfunny!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ April 6 2012, 10:32 AM BST

Never found Miranda Hart funny! Phone voting is rigged anyway. If I wanted an act to win, what's to stop me phoning five, ten, or fifty times?

Watson & Oliver are just as unfunny!

I'm confused why you can't vote for fifty times for a different act.

I did not get the 'Darling' sketches in this at all UNTIL TODAY when I stopped for breakfast at Norton Canes services on the M6 Toll. The ladies in the cafe all call each other and all the customers 'Darling'! It's just like being in the sketch!

Dan

You've never noticed that before?

Never. Never ever.

I don't hang around these 'roadside cafes' mind; they generally don't stock the veal and pheasant sausages I connoisse.

Dan

Not even on the M6 Toll?

It's a series that although weak in places has shown promise and I'm pleased they're getting a chance to have another crack at it.

As for the curious nature/banter of the prison characters, look no further than my own household where wife and daughter seem to start an inordinate number of conversations with, "Here she comes", "There she goes" before descending into a fit of giggles.

Hey ho.

Quote: Doctor Chutney @ April 12 2012, 12:23 PM BST

As for the curious nature/banter of the prison characters, look no further than my own household where wife and daughter seem to start an inordinate number of conversations with, "Here she comes", "There she goes" before descending into a fit of giggles.

Hey ho.

I can only deduce that that sketch must be a woman thing. Do not get it at all.

Quote: Doctor Chutney @ April 12 2012, 12:23 PM BST

It's a series that although weak in places has shown promise and I'm pleased they're getting a chance to have another crack at it.

Hey ho.

Yeh it was one of the sketches I liked. I just felt they didn't push the darker elements of the relationship a bit.

It's a bit like the football manager game. The whole idea of having an entirely banal conversation.

Quite liked this last year. Any news on when Series 2 is coming out or a Series 1 DVD release?

Click through to our guide.

Quote: G180e @ February 25 2013, 9:22 PM GMT

Quite liked this last year. Any news on when Series 2 is coming out or a Series 1 DVD release?

The headline's a bit of a clue, too. How about more guests?

Well I think we can safely say this will not be airing in March!

Quote: G180e @ March 28 2013, 9:13 PM GMT

Well I think we can safely say this will not be airing in March!

Shows tend not to start in March. Shows are more likely to start in December/January or September, when New Season shows start.