Funniest Comedy Decade Page 4

Quote: Charley @ January 21, 2008, 10:33 PM

Late 80's to early 90's.

Looking for similar :O

Aaron! You've got a live one!

Quote: Ray Dawson @ January 21, 2008, 10:34 PM

Looking for similar :O

Thats cool. As long as they are paralysed from the mouth down.

Oh & vastly rich!

Quote: Charley @ January 21, 2008, 10:37 PM

Thats cool. As long as they are paralysed from the mouth down.

Oh & vastly rich!

Laughing out loud

Got to be the 40s. Abbott and Costello, The Bowery Boys, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges, Marx Bros, Wilson, Kepple and Betty.

The 70s is clearly the decade of the sitcom, much like the 90s is the decade of the art installation and the 00s is the decade of the personal bombing appliance.

Quote: Griff @ January 21, 2008, 10:31 PM

This makes no sense, by the way, since a collective noun is (normally) singular, and therefore the opposite of a plural. (ie it's either plural OR collective).

Maybe the best thing is NOT TO PICK HOLES IN PEOPLE'S GRAMMAR ON MESSAGEBOARDS ;-)

It's too early in the morning to think about this. Buuut you say "normally", which of course has little basis in the beautiful English language. ;)

A gang of young men,who pretend to be tough,(but nice really) living in the Bowery, New York, I think during the 1920s depression,getting into all kinds of scrapes, Great sit-com?

1. 70's
2. 90's
3. 60's
4. 80's
5. 00's
6. 50's (only one good series- Hancocks Half Hour)

The golden age is in the late 60s (68-69), but altough good, 60-67 was good, not as good as the 70s (which is the best decade) and the 90s, which also had some great comedy.

I've been catching up on and re-watching quite a few 90s sitcoms (and shows) over the past few weeks, so I'm going to change my answer a little. If really pushed, I think I'd still have to choose 70s as THE best, but the 90s are really pretty on-par really. After the rebellious 'alternative' scene of the 80s, I think the 90s brought a newly mature calm to British comedy, letting it begin to flourish and open up again. Whilst I reckon that the 70s had more truly great-to-amazing comedies (see previous posts for examples), the 90s had more good-to-great ones. Kind of balancing it out a bit. I think that's a pretty fair analysis. Good stuff. :)

HA!!

Ahem.

I mean, yes I agree, the nineties really are jolly good, glad you're on board.

I'm still not going to agree with your examples though zooo! Lee and Herring, Vic and Bob et. al.

Not because they're not good, just because I've not seen anything/enough of them to comment. :D

*realises Aaron's actually basing this about-turn on Vicar of Dibley*
*cries*

Haha, I actually hadn't thought of Dibley at all!

I'll get round to watching some of the aforementiond's shows soon, I promise!

I hope so!

What were you doing when it was originally on? Finger painting or something I suppose.

I've depressed myself.