Has Louis CK started a trend? Page 2

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 23 2012, 3:28 PM GMT

As for the original question, Aziz Ansari, who stars in 'Park And Rec', has just released his latest stand up special in the same way as Louis.

I just listened to that, it's funny. Joe Rogan's selling his next special the same as Louis did too.

Definitely changed things, this'll be the norm soon, in a good way too, ours should do the same. I was in HMV last weekend, got Louis CK 'chewed up' DVD for £3, George Carlin 'it's bad for ya' for £4, Dave Chappele 'Killing them softly' for £6 and a double Jim Jeffries pack for £6, 2-disc Hicks documentary for £7. Meanwhile, Milican, Howard, Manford and Gilbert's DVDs (new and old specials) were still about £14.99-17.99.. I said to the guy at the till, you're a disgrace selling these so cheaply and them so dear, he said, head office sets the prices based on what sells. The Rolling Stones doc was £4, the Take That Reuinion tour was £16.99 blu-ray. Things should be priced according to quality, not demmand.

Anyway, where were we? Yeah, Louis CK has started a trend.

My thoughts on this: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/garry-lee/gaffigans-new-standup_b_1284173.html

^ Jim Gaffigan is releasing his next special like this too.

I need to remember to buy Aziz Ansari's special.

Quote: JackDaniels2 @ March 23 2012, 8:11 PM GMT

I said to the guy at the till, you're a disgrace selling these so cheaply and them so dear.

All things considered, you're lucky he didn't punch you in the face.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 23 2012, 3:28 PM GMT

No, there's a third series coming.

Whoops! My mistake. Didn't do my research. I was basing that on what he said in the interview extra on his stand up DVD. I guess maybe it was cancelled, then recommissioned. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ March 25 2012, 6:18 PM GMT

Whoops! My mistake. Didn't do my research. I was basing that on what he said in the interview extra on his stand up DVD. I guess maybe it was cancelled, then recommissioned. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Depends which stand up special that was; he did have another show, 'Lucky Louie', on HBO that was cancelled after one season in about 2006/07-ish; before his current show, 'Louie'.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 24 2012, 9:51 AM GMT

All things considered, you're lucky he didn't punch you in the face.

It's not all things considered though, is it, all things considered would include me saying it in a way which meant the hmv guy knew what I meant.

Nevertheless David my dear old chap, what a buffoon one was! And how jolly good of yourself to hold an opinion on the matter.

Bussell has posted in the past about working at a video shop and liking the occaisonal 'refreshment' or two

Quote: JackDaniels2 @ March 26 2012, 6:52 AM BST

It's not all things considered though, is it, all things considered would include me saying it in a way which meant the hmv guy knew what I meant.

Nevertheless David my dear old chap, what a buffoon one was! And how jolly good of yourself to hold an opinion on the matter.

I meant that I had considered "all", and within that all-encompassing sphere was the notion that calling a minimum wage paid worker a "disgrace" for not selling CDs at a price one deemed worthy could very well have earned one a crack in one's mouth. It would also, ironically, make one exactly the sort of self-entitled, "everything's great and we've never been less happy" person Louis CK rails against in his CD, "Hilarious"; available in all good HMVs.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 26 2012, 8:23 AM BST

I meant that I had considered "all", and within that all-encompassing sphere was the notion that calling a minimum wage paid worker a "disgrace" for not selling CDs ...blah-blah-blah... It would also, ironically, make one exactly the sort of self-entitled, ...blah-blah-blah... all good HMVs.

Quote: JackDaniels2 @ March 26 2012, 9:14 AM BST

I know you are, but what am I?

Quote: Chappers @ January 24 2012, 5:32 PM GMT

Who on earth is Louis CK?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 24 2012, 6:41 PM GMT

Yet another yank stand up comedian who only has to show his face to an over excited audience of fellow yanks who scream their heads off at someone in a teeshirt shouting rude words in a faux angry manner and going "whoo, whoo" a lot.

Quote: Chappers @ January 25 2012, 3:23 PM GMT

Oh, glad I've never hear of him then.

Yes, so am I.

Quote: JackDaniels2 @ March 23 2012, 8:11 PM GMT

Definitely changed things, this'll be the norm soon, in a good way too, ours should do the same. I was in HMV last weekend, got Louis CK 'chewed up' DVD for £3, George Carlin 'it's bad for ya' for £4, Dave Chappele 'Killing them softly' for £6 and a double Jim Jeffries pack for £6, 2-disc Hicks documentary for £7. Meanwhile, Milican, Howard, Manford and Gilbert's DVDs (new and old specials) were still about £14.99-17.99.. I said to the guy at the till, you're a disgrace selling these so cheaply and them so dear, he said, head office sets the prices based on what sells. The Rolling Stones doc was £4, the Take That Reuinion tour was £16.99 blu-ray. Things should be priced according to quality, not demmand.

I guess we should just be happy to have such greatness at bargain prices.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 26 2012, 11:35 AM BST

Yes, so am I.

Your loss, he's brilliant.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 25 2012, 7:32 PM BST

Depends which stand up special that was; he did have another show, 'Lucky Louie', on HBO that was cancelled after one season in about 2006/07-ish; before his current show, 'Louie'.

That's it! I didn't realize he had had two sitcoms

http://jimgaffigan.com/

Jim Gaffigan's new $5 special has just been released.

http://azizansari.com/

Aziz Ansari's new $5 special came out a few weeks ago.

https://buy.louisck.net/

You can still get Louis CK's $5 special here.

Are there any others that have been released, or are going to be released soon?