Harry Hill's TV Burp! Page 26

I'm sorry to see this end. It was great fun after a hard day at work.

Can't believe it was the last episode last night. Still, it was a great send off!! I can't get that Amanda Lamb song out of my head now! :D

Well we now know what paper Nil reads. ;)

I've laughed more watching this just now, then anything else this week.

Booyah!

The final song is quite moving.

And Heather is quite pretty with straight hair.

She does look a LOT better in real life.

Nice singing voice hope she gets something other to do except Panto.

nb that EastEnders episode looks quite scary for prewatershed.

nb that EastEnders episode looks quite scary for prewatershed.

Quote: Aaron @ March 25 2012, 11:32 AM GMT

Well we now know what paper Nil reads. ;)

I don't read any papers but, yes, there's usually a copy of The Sun floating around in work.

I generally only check the TV listings though. :)

I kinda got the feeling it was a pre-emptive finale. Workable if he doesn't come back but not too difficult to top if he does. Even the post-credits stinger was ambigious as to if it was for the season or the show as a whole.

I was kinda disappointed though they did nothing with the 'giant bears' line from The Apprentice given the running teddy joke Errr

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 20 2012, 4:38 PM GMT

Is Amanda Lamb on the Atkin's? She seems to have too much meat in her stomach...?

I noticed the same, she looked absolutely fantastic from the front and back but when she was seen from the side she looked fairly irregular.

Quote: Gelgoog @ March 25 2012, 2:05 PM GMT

I kinda got the feeling it was a pre-emptive finale. Workable if he doesn't come back but not too difficult to top if he does. Even the post-credits stinger was ambigious as to if it was for the season or the show as a whole.

I don't think it's any surprise that Harry didn't explicitly say "this is the last show ever" in some form - and in fact I would be surprised if the show doesn't come back for specials on occasion, perhaps an end-of-year round up - but it felt pretty unambiguous to me that that was, for now at least, 'it'. Wrapping up all those little strands of running jokes, bringing back the characters from previous series, and the final post-credit clip all said "that's all, folks!"

They even did slow, sad music over the credits. (Although the bloody announcer man did his best to talk over it all.) Angry

The music at the end really was emotional seeming as it was the final episode ever.

But, I can't help thinking that it would have been better if not just Amanda Lamb, the Knitted Character, Cheryl Fergison were there - it should have been every single person that appeared on that programme. It would have been brilliant. I saw a photo where everyone was there in the studio when it was being filmed; so where were they on the actual broadcast? I didn't get it. Eh?

But it was sad to see Harry go after 11 years on a programme that I loved. :( I'm sure he may make a return one day to do an Christmas special or a Comic Relief special of some kind. I hope so, anyway.

Quote: sootyj @ March 25 2012, 11:42 AM GMT

I was just going to say that. Maybe Heather could give Adele a run for her money.

Quote: Jo Jonathan @ March 25 2012, 3:13 PM GMT

The music at the end really was emotional seeming as it was the final episode ever.

But, I can't help thinking that it would have been better if not just Amanda Lamb, the Knitted Character, Cheryl Fergison were there - it should have been every single person that appeared on that programme. It would have been brilliant. I saw a photo where everyone was there in the studio when it was being filmed; so where were they on the actual broadcast? I didn't get it. Eh?

But it was sad to see Harry go after 11 years on a programme that I loved. :( I'm sure he may make a return one day to do an Christmas special or a Comic Relief special of some kind. I hope so, anyway.

This is why I think it may not be the final word. They referenced some older jokes/characters but not nearly as many as Hill has shown the willingness to do previously. The 'Amanda Lamb' song for instance didn't even come close to topping the infamous 'ear cataracts?' sequence. This had the feel of 'If I never come back I want to go out on a nostalgic note but since that's not 100% confirmed, I'll leave some wiggle room should I need to produce a TRUE finale'. A bit like when a show tries to wrap up plotlines thinking it's their last year but then gets recommissioned and has to find some way to mess up the resolutions.

Harry's a trooper. I don't think he'd do anything sentimental or manipulative.

Just does the job makes us laugh and goes home.