Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 17

Hehe.

That's ace news. Awesome. Even if he does seem to be turning into somewhat of an insufferable arse.

:)

Second best programme on telly. After Top Gear, obviously...

Dan

BEST. COMEDY. 2011. BY. A. STREET.

Good news!

Quote: Aaron @ March 22 2012, 9:02 PM GMT

Series 3 and 4 commissioned: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000781/stewart_lee_comedy_vehicle_recommissioned_series_3/

Woot! Yay! \0/

It's great to see the BBC prioritisng quality over ratings for once.

... But Series 3 isn't even planned to be on screens until 2014.

Flipping heck, we might all be dead by then.

Quote: Aaron @ March 23 2012, 3:41 PM GMT

... But Series 3 isn't even planned to be on screens until 2014.

:(

Quote: groovydude89 @ March 23 2012, 11:20 AM GMT

It's great to see the BBC prioritisng quality over ratings for once.

It's true that the last series didn't get good ratings, but the BBC must know that, that it is their fault.
I'm an avid Stewart Lee fan. I really, really love the guy, have done since Fist Of Fun.

But I didn't know about series 2 until episode three had already aired!

11.20 on BBC Two.

For one thing has a programme ever started at 20 past anything before!?!

Add to that the 11 bit and the no adverts thing they must have tried (I never saw any), and surely they must know that its ratings were mostly down to it being hidden.

The quality can't be denied though. I'm well pleased that there will be more.

Quote: Spleenal @ March 26 2012, 7:09 PM BST

Add to that the 11 bit and the no adverts thing they must have tried (I never saw any), and surely they must know that its ratings were mostly down to it being hidden.

Well, yeah. That and that they knew it was only of interest to a niche audience anyway. Hence their recommissioning of it, rather than refusing and citing 'poor viewing figures'! :)

Stew is trying to contain his audience too! :)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 27 2012, 9:06 AM BST

Stew is trying to contain his audience too! :)

Dan

He was really funny after winning those comedy awards when I saw him live. When only half the room would laugh at a joke, he would say, "don't worry, they'll all be gone soon". Laughing out loud