Status report Page 4,364

Quote: sootyj @ March 22 2012, 4:39 PM GMT

Renegade you only wear that outfit as you get turned on by being molested by foeign off license owners.

"Ooh Mustapha you can sell me Lambrini if I go in the store room where the camera can't see?"

But I've never been to Derby.

Funny cos everyone gets a ride.

Wow, my phone recognises the word Bulgakov. Lovely cultured phone (that is clearly going to die soon)

We have a very wobbly hedgehog in the garden. It is now in a box with a hot water bottle (don't laugh) like the hedgehog preservation website said to do.
Hope it's still alive tomorrow. :(

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2012, 5:11 PM GMT

We have a very wobbly hedgehog in the garden. It is now in a box with a hot water bottle (don't laugh) like the hedgehog preservation website said to do.
Hope it's still alive tomorrow. :(

Aw. And aw. And another aw.

According to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding they're quite the traveller delicacy

They're also allegedly infested with fleas! :O

Quote: sootyj @ March 22 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

According to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding they're quite the traveller delicacy

I was just going to ask if they were edible. Even if the meat is stringy, they provide their own toothpicks!

Quote: keewik @ March 22 2012, 5:26 PM GMT

They're also allegedly infested with fleas! :O

Some are! No one touched it though, so we should be okay.

After spending the last week or so painting, cleaning and scrubbing our old house we finally handed back the keys last night. Curiously, when I checked the estate agent's website it said it was already sold subject to contract.

http://www.sharmanquinney.co.uk/property_detail.aspx?Property_ID=26245

Now, I find it interesting that the letting agent never said there was a problems with the house when we first handed back the key on the 7th but rang me to moan the day after. He put the old key through our new letterbox on 10th when I was in which makes you wonder why he didn't try harder to hand it over to me personally.

I spent the next few nights getting the place sorted and I originally said I would be finished by Sunday 18th but had to delay it a couple of days more so I had time to finish painting two of the bedrooms and scrub the cooker.

He told me he would come to the house to collect the key at 6:30 last night so I was there for the handover. By 6:45 he hadn't arrived so I rang and said he'd be there in 45 minutes. There was no way I was waiting so he said stick the key in the outside cupboard which I did.

He seems to have been avoiding face-to-face contact with me and now I find the house has already been sold a few days. I'm wondering if he's actually bought it for his own property portfolio and wanted me to tart it up on the cheap. It also makes me wonder what happened to the misleading 'non-refundable deposit' payment I made.

I find it amusing but at the same time I can't help feeling tricked in someway...

SUSPISHUS!

Maybe you should have done one of those 'leaving a fish under the floorboards' revenge thingies.

It's a legal requirement that estate agents are members of either the National Association of Estate Agents or the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Find out which one he's part of and look into their codes of conduct and contact them regarding your suspicions. If he won't tell you then he's up to something and you can ask for your money back, as a wee shush fund

Quote: Tuumble @ March 22 2012, 5:54 PM GMT

After spending the last week or so painting, cleaning and scrubbing our old house we finally handed back the keys last night. Curiously, when I checked the estate agent's website it said it was already sold subject to contract.

http://www.sharmanquinney.co.uk/property_detail.aspx?Property_ID=26245

Now, I find it interesting that the letting agent never said there was a problems with the house when we first handed back the key on the 7th but rang me to moan the day after. He put the old key through our new letterbox on 10th when I was in which makes you wonder why he didn't try harder to hand it over to me personally.

I spent the next few nights getting the place sorted and I originally said I would be finished by Sunday 18th but had to delay it a couple of days more so I had time to finish painting two of the bedrooms and scrub the cooker.

He told me he would come to the house to collect the key at 6:30 last night so I was there for the handover. By 6:45 he hadn't arrived so I rang and said he'd be there in 45 minutes. There was no way I was waiting so he said stick the key in the outside cupboard which I did.

He seems to have been avoiding face-to-face contact with me and now I find the house has already been sold a few days. I'm wondering if he's actually bought it for his own property portfolio and wanted me to tart it up on the cheap. It also makes me wonder what happened to the misleading 'non-refundable deposit' payment I made.

I find it amusing but at the same time I can't help feeling tricked in someway...

Was decorating part of the original tenancy agreement or were you repairing any damage you had done?... if it's neither then you shouldn't have done it nor 'scrub' anything. That is their job.

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2012, 5:56 PM GMT

Maybe you should have done one of those 'leaving a fish under the floorboards' revenge thingies.

Or secreted prawns in the hem of the curtains.

I'm ragequitting BCG.

I'll do you the courtesy of not starting up a thread to announce it.

Other than that, f**k y'all.