Top o' the woild ma!

Could be that the references in this are lost on some younger people on here. It was originally an idea for Dead Ringers for when they do some more retro type stuff.

TOP O' THE WOILD MA!

F/X:HAIL OF BULLETTS FROM A TOMMY GUN. SOUND OF A DOOR SLAMMING SHUT. SOMEBODY OUT OF BREATH

CAGNEY:
Nahhh! Get lost copper. You’ll never get ol’ Rocky see?

(OFF) (D) POLICEMAN:
Rocky give yourself up. We’ve got you surrounded.

F/X:WINDOW SMASHING AND MORE GUNFIRE

CAGNEY:
You heard me copper! Beat it!

MA:
Oh hello Rocky. So you’re back then? Have you been out playing with your little friends? Well wash your hands before tea. It’s your favourite, fish fingers and smiley faces.

CAGNEY:
Say Ma don’t bug me see! I gotta beat this rap. The T men’s on my tail and I ain’t got nowhere to go

MA:
That’s nice dear. Are you playing one of your little police games today?

CAGNEY:
This ain’t no game Ma.

MA:
Now come on Rocky. Get those little handy wandies clean and I’ll serve up. There’s a good little soldier.

CAGNEY:
Say what is it with you Ma? I ain’t no kid anymore. I’m public enemy number one.

(OFF) (D) POLICEMAN:
Put the gun down Rocky the game’s up.

F/X:MORE MACHINEGUN FIRE

ROCKY:
No dice copper. No deal. You’ll not get old Rocky alive see?

F/X:PLATES KNIVES AND FORKS BEING SET ON TABLE

MA:
For goodness sake Rocky, aren’t you ready yet? Your tea’s on the table. Well you’re not getting so much as one bite until you get ready. (PAUSE) (GASP OF DISBELIEF) Look at your hands and finger nails, they’re filthy. What have I told you young man? Off to your room.

CAGNEY:
But Ma!

MA:
Bed! And not another word!

CAGNEY:
How do you like that? The public enemy sent to bed by his Ma. I don’t know what’ll happen if the mob hear about this.

F/X:FOOD BEING SCRAPED OFF A PLATE AND INTO A DUSTBIN

(OFF) (D) POLICEMAN:If you don’t come out Rocky we’re gonna give you the tear gas.

MA:
Oh bless. His little friends are still outside. I better go and tell them he’s not coming out again tonight.

F/X:DOOR OPENING

MA:
Hello boys, you’d better run off home. Rocky’s not coming back out tonight. He’s having his tea and then he’s got his homewo……

F/X:HAIL OF BULLETTS

Ma:
Unnhh!

CAGNEY:
Why you dirty lousy stinking copper. You’ve shot Ma. Why I oughta give it you here and now… I oughta but I won’t see? That dame was driving me nuts. Say thanks a lot boys you’ve done old Rocky a favour there.. I’ll come quietly. Old sparky don’t frighten me. No siree not after thirty years with Ma.

END:

LOL!!! Yes loved it I just had a advert comissioned in the olde Gansta style. I liked, some of the lines needed a bit of trimming, and I'd end sketch with Hail of bullets and mother getting shot but thats my opinion pal

Cheers Gavin.

I love the old gangster movies, Cagney in particular.

Congrats on your advert too. Is it for the telly? If it is when might it be on?

Good luck

It's only an ad that's being played on a local radio station, but every little helps right ;)

Well done, and the more you can get out there, whether it's radio, telly, or the net, the better. It all adds to the CV.

I love radio as a medium and think it lends writers so many possibilites.

B