Funniest Comedy Decade

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/news.php?story=000371

What d'you think?

I really find it hard to choose between 70s/80s/90s and 00s.

So very difficult.

It was the 90s for me.
Vic & Bob and Lee & Herring.

Gotta be the 70's for me, so many great sitcoms

Almost certainly 70s for me too.

Definitely the 70s for me. ITV and the BBC battling for best sitcom.

The golden age of British comedy for me was the late 60's (1968-1969) when I think comedy was brilliant. But that is only two years of a decade, so all in all, the 1970's was the best decade for comedy.

Apart from Aaron I'd say this was generally an age thing, depending on what you watched as you grew up. I think the 60's was better than the 70's but then the 90's were good too.

I don't remember much of 85 - 95 musically or TV wise while my kids were growing up.

I was watching Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Fry & Laurie etc in the 90s even though they're not from then.

Hmm.

Complicated.

70's for the classic, cult comedies.

90's for the consistently decent comedies that used to be churned out regularly. (unlike today)

I think I'd have to go with the 70's for the sitcoms and shows like Morecambe and Wise. The 90's is a close second, mostly because I was there for it, but then the 00's has had it's moments too.

In the end though, 70's.

Quote: David Chapman @ January 20, 2008, 12:50 PM

I don't remember much of 85 - 95 musically or TV wise while my kids were growing up.

But more crucially, do you remember the fashions?

Quote: Aaron @ January 20, 2008, 12:55 PM

But more crucially, do you remember the fashions?

I remember nothing.

Probably for the best then.

This is difficult, I think like the Chapman Chappie it does depend on age but I do think radio comedy has been pretty consistent. Whilst TV is suffering a sitcom drought there's been some cracking radio sitcoms being churned out. If I was pushed for an answer probably 1970's.

90s for me-vic and bob, lee and Herring, brass eye, day today, fast show, kids in the hall, Im Alan Partridge, Red Dwarf, Seinfeld, Spaced started, Big Train, Father Ted, Friends, Frasier, League Of Gentlemen started, and on, and on. Thats pretty unbeatable as far as Im concerned! Obviously there was a fair share of rubbish too, but that little list alone I think makes a solid case for it being regarded as a golden age.