Laugh Track - Studio Sitcom Contest Page 11

Good deal. Ah, no US applications . . . maybe I can slip my Sitcom off to one of you guys? ;) hehe, jk. Thanks for the info Mikey J.

www.zazzle.com/ktsa+gifts www.chillerbooks.com

Chiller Author

The thing I've found annoying is that they've put this contest on at the same time Newsjack is on. I personally find it hard concentrating on doing one project or the other.

Yeah, there's just too many open door ops - damn their eyes!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 26 2012, 4:54 PM GMT

The thing I've found annoying is that they've put this contest on at the same time Newsjack is on. I personally find it hard concentrating on doing one project or the other.

I strongly suggest you choose to focus on one or the other, or you may not do justice to either. There was/is just no way I was going to be able to get my sitcom script in proper shape in time to submit, so it's going to sit and wait for a bit longer, leaving me free to concentrate a bit more on Newsjack (which so far this series I have singularly failed to do, not even going to submit a sketch this week!).

Anyone here created an entire season of their own Sitcom?

Author of Chiller Books www.chillerbooks.com

Hi!
I have a short question; I am Dutch and want to enter the laughtrack challenge. I read the terms and conditions, and it states that: you must be a UK resident or have the right to live and work in the UK throughout 2012 (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) or a resident of the Republic of Ireland.
do I as a memberstate of the EU have the right to live and work in the UK?? I would not waste valuable time writing a script if I am not elegible.

please, can someone help me?

It might be best to ask the organisers.

Sounds sensible, but does someone know in what way I can contact them? I guess by mail, but can someone give it.

it would be very much appreciated

If you have a Dutch citizenship you have the right as a member of the EU to live and work in the UK. Last years Laughing Stock competition was only open to people from the UK. They changed that luckily.

VicGore, thanks for the information!
Knowing this, I will most certainly create a first episode. I already did an outline... soo let's hope they'd like it.

does anyone knows how much entries will be submitted?

I think there was 1800+ for a similar thing last year.

Dan

Hiya, When it says A4 page of outline for a series, does it have to fill the whole page? I can only explain it with half a page!
Plus, Do I have to put in all the details such as int/ext & room layout, props & where people are sitting or stood? or can I just say cluedo style "scene one: In the larder" I'm very new to this, can you tell? Wave

'Scene 1: INT. LARDER' is enough.

Dan

Quote: Mezz @ March 2 2012, 12:32 AM GMT

Hiya, When it says A4 page of outline for a series, does it have to fill the whole page? I can only explain it with half a page!

They mean no more than an A4 page.
Half a page will do if there is nothing more you can add to the outline.

My outline etc for Laughing Stock last year took up a page but that's because I decided to include short character bios at the bottom.

The outline itself took about half a page, maybe a bit more. Basically a less excitable press release type thing, really.