Newsjack - Series 6 Page 31

Quote: swerytd @ March 1 2012, 9:12 PM GMT

Ta. Not got an email yet though! Hoping I am actually in!

Dan

There can't really be a Dan 'Swert' out there tho, can there??? (No, I see they've now corrected the spelling!)

The sending of emails seems a bit relaxed compared to previous series where someone getting one was how the rest of us knew to give up hope!

Congrats to all who made it on, I'm holding out for my (ahem) traditional mid-late series appearance!
Laughing out loud

Congratulations to everyone who made it this week. Well done.

To all those who didn't (like me)

Bring me sunshine, in your smile
bring me laughter, all the while

c'mon sing along you'll feel better I promise

In this world where ............

Wave

Well done all those who made it this week (and equally to those who almost did).

Off to listen to the show then it's start working on next weeks submissions!

Well done all those successful this week (and last). I was very confident in my And Finally, plus a couple of Corrections, which is the kiss of death...

They used one of my JackApps, but altered the punchline slightly.

I originally sent this in:

'Exeter University have compared cross dressing to blacking up. I bet they wouldn't like my Whitney Houston costume.'

But they recorded:

'Exeter University have compared cross dressing to blacking up. They wouldn't approve of my Beyonce costume.'

Quote: groovydude89 @ March 2 2012, 12:34 AM GMT

They used one of my JackApps, but altered the punchline slightly.

I originally sent this in:

'Exeter University have compared cross dressing to blacking up. I bet they wouldn't like my Whitney Houston costume.'

But they recorded:

'Exeter University have compared cross dressing to blacking up. They wouldn't approve of my Beyonce costume.'

Your original was better.

Mine was the first sketch, the quickie about the woman trying to make an appointment with her M.P..

listening to the show - nice take on JK Rolwing story - better than my reject!Liked the barclays & putin sketches

Mine was the Jackapp upgrade skit.

Packed to the gills with sketches last night, and not many one-liners at all. Obviously a good week not to have to trawl through 2500 'gags'.

Still no email -- I suspect Dan Swert is taking all the glory...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 2 2012, 8:00 AM GMT

Still no email -- I suspect Dan Swert is taking all the glory...

Dan

Hmmm odd. And from what I remember they didn't do corrections this week either

did the evictions take place after the recording or did they just chose not to cover it?

Quote: Nogget @ March 2 2012, 3:48 AM GMT

Your original was better.

Here's my take - I don't think the Whitney reference adds anything to the joke, other than reminding us of someone who's just died. In some contexts, you'll get an extra response out of that - but a Radio Theatre audience is more likely to make a " shocked noise" than laugh at a joke like that, I think.

And what about the 'Up The Creek' audience of last week?

It would be interesting to know if sketches are chosen on the location of the recording? ie. are broader gags/worse language acceptable depending on the recording venue. I suspect not but, last series, the atmosphere at the recording of episodes 5 ('Up The Creek') & 6 ('The Venue') of last series was vastly different.

Dan

Quote: Mr Writer Like In The Song @ March 2 2012, 8:48 AM GMT

Here's my take - I don't think the Whitney reference adds anything to the joke, other than reminding us of someone who's just died.

I preferred it because if cross dressing and blacking up are both un-pc, bringing in the bad taste of a dead celeb makes it even more so.

Quote: Mr Writer Like In The Song @ March 2 2012, 8:48 AM GMT

Here's my take - I don't think the Whitney reference adds anything to the joke, other than reminding us of someone who's just died. In some contexts, you'll get an extra response out of that - but a Radio Theatre audience is more likely to make a " shocked noise" than laugh at a joke like that, I think.

That's what I thought as well. Good gag by the way - well done.

Quote: John Kelly @ March 2 2012, 7:29 AM GMT

Mine was the first sketch, the quickie about the woman trying to make an appointment with her M.P..

Nice one John - I thought that might be yours!

Quote: swerytd @ March 2 2012, 9:21 AM GMT

And what about the 'Up The Creek' audience of last week?

It would be interesting to know if sketches are chosen on the location of the recording? ie. are broader gags/worse language acceptable depending on the recording venue. I suspect not but, last series, the atmosphere at the recording of episodes 5 ('Up The Creek') & 6 ('The Venue') of last series was vastly different.

Dan

I think that a lot of the stuff at a Newsjack recording creates a uniform impression no matter where the recording is - the producer intro, the clutching of scripts - that makes for a slightly more formal "BBC" atmosphere as opposed to the clubby status of a stand-up gig. I didn't think the audience at 5 were particularly different, except that they really enjoyed it! 6 could have done with the crowd being able to hear the show more clearly...