Nerd News Page 54

Serenity? Really?

Oh, Thor. :D :P

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 29 2012, 9:50 PM GMT

Serenity? Really?

Pff! It's a modern classic. If it had had Tealeaf in you'd have been all over it!

Hahahahaha

But, to be serious, it's shit.

Quote: chipolata @ February 29 2012, 9:47 PM GMT

Joss Whedon's last film was one of the best sci fi films of the last ten years, so if anyone can make The Avengers work it's him.

I still don't know who's playing Gambit & Purdey

Cotter's playing both. Splitscreen baby!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 29 2012, 10:00 PM GMT

I still don't know who's playing Gambit & Purdey

They were from The New Avengers.

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ February 29 2012, 10:08 PM GMT

They were from The New Avengers.

Ah
They'll be in the sequel then.
Righto

Excited about Avengers. Not so much about Whedon. The best work he did was first half series 1 Buffy, and then copy pasted the formula since.

Atleast it won't be as bad as Alien Resurrection.

It will possibly suffer for having too many characters that need enough screentime each

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 29 2012, 10:57 PM GMT

It will possibly suffer for having too many characters that need enough screentime each

Well, Johanson will have the largest screen time being the only woman, followed by Downey Junior, Then Thor, Bullseye, Samuel L, Hulk

Plus Whedon likes quipy bullshit dialogue so Downey Junior is perfect vessel for that.

Samuel L has the eyepatch, he is CLEARLY one of the main characters.

Quote: zooo @ February 29 2012, 11:18 PM GMT

Samuel L has the eyepatch, he is CLEARLY one of the main characters.

He should be support only. Since Fury never gets his hands dirty.

He wears gloves too.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 29 2012, 10:57 PM GMT

Downey Jr is the biggest star so he'll easily get the most screentime. I'm expecting it to be Iron Man and Friends.

Quote: chipolata @ March 1 2012, 8:59 AM GMT

Downey Jr is the biggest star so he'll easily get the most screentime. I'm expecting it to be Iron Man and Friends.

I think Thor will get plenty of screentime as it looks like they've got Loki as the bad guy. I think the hulk will be the weak link with this - I just don't think anyone's worked out how to make him not ridiculous.