Newsjack - Series 6 Page 22

And from the Twitter:

@NadiaKamil It's fine, we'll just record a couple of the four million sketches based on The Artist we've received.

Looks like Harry Potter and The Artist were the ones to avoid this week.

Having said that my first ever NJ credit was a sketch was about Michael Jackson's death so never say never.

They covered the artist last week (my correction) so I avoided it, but it did win an oscar so may cover it again

Really struggled for some one liners this week. Sent 4 in the end (have to send by end of Monday due to work) - none of which touched on the Oscars or JK Rowling.

Quote: StephenM @ February 27 2012, 4:42 PM GMT

And from the Twitter:

@NadiaKamil It's fine, we'll just record a couple of the four million sketches based on The Artist we've received.

Interesting how the last few tweets all have the subtext "This would be a great little show if members of the public stopped sending stuff in".

I mean, we all know its real function is a boot camp for trainee production staff but you'd think they'd at least keep up the pretence that they are looking for new writers!

Laughing out loud and Pirate

(Still don't know what Pirate is supposed to mean....)

Got to the point where I'm not submitting one-liners now :(

I do have a few in a document but they're quite frankly... Shite.

Ahhhh, f*ck it, I've sent mine (can't send tomorrow, work busy).

I've written about three pages worth of one-liners, in addition to the two sketches I submitted yesterday. I'm just about to give them a final edit before sending them off.

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 28 2012, 12:48 AM GMT

I've written about three pages worth of one-liners, in addition to the two sketches I submitted yesterday. I'm just about to give them a final edit before sending them off.

Are you kidding? That must be like 30+ one-liners! How'd you manage that?

Quote: Garry Lee @ February 28 2012, 1:07 AM GMT

Are you kidding? That must be like 30+ one-liners! How'd you manage that?

Actually, the total's only around fifteen. The reason why the document stretches to three pages is largely due to white space, titles and headers.

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 28 2012, 1:23 AM GMT

Actually, the total's only around fifteen. The reason why the document stretches to three pages is largely due to white space, titles and headers.

I was starting to feel especially unproductive for a second there.

I have 6 jokes for the introduction of the show do people think I should re-write them to be jack apps?

Might be an idea. The script editor usually writes the opening bit for Justin at the very end, when everything's all done, so it allows it to be ultra-topical (ie Wed morning if poss) so you might be doing yourself a disservice by using stuff not that topical.

That said, if it's very funny they will use it. You could try write them as introductions to sketches. I mean, granted, you don't know which sketches they will use, but if you're confident enough of the material (and, to reiterate, it's funny) it's an option.

Dan

Thanks think I'll try to re-write them all as jack apps and see if they work better as intros or apps and then decide

Try to think carefully whether they would suit a correction better than a jackapp. Some lend themselves well to one or the other and if they don't have to rewrite it, bonus points for you.

</do as I say, not as I do>

Dan

15? I only sent 6 (it was initially 10 but scrapped four for being completely shite).

I've also written one that probably no other has written about. It's a crap story but hilarious that it made it onto a news site. Gawd bless Twitter.

Scratch that, I just looked and noticed I sent last week's stuff by mistake. Now I'm at work and can't submit anything else.

F**king idiot.