Status report Page 4,315

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 24 2012, 4:52 PM GMT

Sands good to me . .

Doh!

I always make a cobbler of dessert puns, even when I trifle through my back catalogue, I think they're amooseing, but some people find them quite tart, and think I'm acting the rhubarb fool, but I feel like a gooseberry..fool,

I've just had one of the nicest guys in the world tell me how down and upset he is because of this stupid thing. Dannyjb1 doesn't want to come back here because he feels totally rotten for trying to stand up for his friends and feels it's thrown back in his face. This is a man who will do anything for anyone. He will give you the shirt off his back if you said it was a bit nippy. His heart is 50 times too big and when he saw people being upset at comments, he felt he had to say something. He didn't curse or swear or call anyone names. He was just firm. Now because some self rightous types want to throw the term "bully" around to describe people who reacted, he is gutted. Anyone who has met this man knows he is awesome and sweet.

Bully is a harsh word to throw out. If you want to talk about defending weaker people, why not defend a guy so sensitive, he could not bear to see his friends upset and had to say something which was actually hard for him to do as he is a massive ball of love and hates to have to be that way with anyone.

It may be nice for the sake of everyone on ether side to drop this. I think enough people have been hurt.

Oh Danny would be missed.

I'll wait till he's finished manstruating, maybe I could send him some manpons in a nice manbag.

(Sootyj hopes people realise he can only express affection through meanness).

I maintain the thread should be reopened. That way if there are any men on here who don't find women funny they can say so, and Dellas will have her answer. It can all be contained in that thread and not brought up on every thread.

I'd hate to think that anyone here would be so closed minded, but if Dellas is right and there are men on here who'll never find women funny then let's hear from them.

I would hope that there would be NO responses to the thread, and we can all move on.

Have I missed anything exciting today?

Anyway one boy today got confused he thought I was a tuna, not a Tudor.

Did you humiliate him and make the other kids laugh at him?

Had food... no longer hungry.

Quote: bigfella @ February 24 2012, 5:11 PM GMT

Have I missed anything exciting today?

Anyway one boy today got confused he thought I was a tuna, not a Tudor.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Turning laptop off, getting out of chair, going out.

Quote: Rooface @ February 24 2012, 5:07 PM GMT

Bully is a harsh word to throw out.

A forum search reveals that I was the first person to use the word "bully" today with reference to this particular teacup-based cyclone, and it's pretty obvious from that I wasn't referring to Danny.

The second person to use the term was you, Rooface.

Is it wrong of me to be more amused than annoyed by the latest storm-in-a-teacup drama? Anyway, if it ends up with the "Status Report" thread being locked I'm all in favour! Keep it up!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 24 2012, 6:23 PM GMT

A forum search reveals that I was the first person to use the word "bully" today with reference to this particular teacup-based cyclone, and it's pretty obvious from that I wasn't referring to Danny.

The second person to use the term was you, Rooface.

Fair enough but it's been implied that it's taken place and I find that rather wrong.

I'm actually rather tired of spending my time here defending myself and my friends and with that I will leave you to rip each other to pieces while I go and comfort someone who has been made to feel like shit because he dared to speak up.

Shall we just lock the whole forums, move on and get on with our lives?

No?

Okay then.

Lee can't remember the last time he posted in anywhere other than the General Discussion forum. This makes Lee question the state of comedy lately that there is nothing worthy of discussion!

Did you know corned beef was called bully beef?

Are bovine tranquilizers called Bull es?

If I heckled Leevil when he did standup would I be a Boo Lee?

People who can't pronounce r's or c's Call Bruce Lee Bully.

Quote: Lee @ February 24 2012, 6:38 PM GMT

Shall we just lock the whole forums, move on and get on with our lives?

No?

I think you might have been a bit hasty in deciding there, Lee.