I read the news today oh boy! Page 675

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33197 what the hell?

Quote: zooo @ February 21 2012, 4:42 PM GMT

How... But... I... Eh?

It's interesting that they have chosen this man to be Del boy....

:)

Hmmm. Hermaphrodites. Perhaps best to let them reach puberty and then make their own decision? Unless that means medical nightmares? I don't know any hermaphrodites.

Quote: Kenneth @ February 21 2012, 5:02 PM GMT

Hmmm. Hermaphrodites. Perhaps best to let them reach puberty and then make their own decision? Unless that means medical nightmares? I don't know any hermaphrodites.

I don't to be honest if there are medical problems. I never really asked. We all knew about it but as far as we were concerned, he was like any other guy. It was just he has female bits. I think in the case of my friend, his family meant well and probably just wanted their child not to be bullied. At least they was supportive. I can't ever imagine what it must be like.

He was loved and that's the main thing.

The mother mentioned the boy being interested in Thomas the Tank Engine one minute, then Dora the Explorer the next, as if it was a big jump. Dora the Explorer is a girl, who has short hair, who goes exploring with her pet monkey - it's hardly Barbie now is it?!! It sounds like she's implying that boys and girls should ignore each other totally, until they get to 16, and if they don't, it means they're not happy with their sex.

With 350 million citizens of the USA, one would think they could come up with their own plots instead of copying ours.

I seem to recall they tried to do a US "Birds of a Feather" & it flopped so badly I bet you never heard of it, the same might happen to any US "Only Fools & Horses".

What next: a US version of "The Last of the Summer Wine" ??? Three old pensioners in the rolling foothills of the Rockies with (who) as Lora Batty?

Quote: billwill @ February 21 2012, 7:18 PM GMT

With 350 million citizens of the USA, one would think they could come up with their own plots instead of copying ours.

It's actually about 40 million less than that.

They're picking the low-hanging fruit by picking up a show that was a huge hit in another country and hoping that it'll perform as well over here. The Office managed to do so but I'm skeptical about this one.

The same goes for movies: is there a comic book, television series or cartoon that hasn't been adapted for the big screen? I was at the cinema last week and saw a huge poster for a 21 Jump Street movie. Errr

But there are offices in both countries. All the things that spring to mind about OFAH seem so very British. I suppose parallels can always be drawn between experiences but seems odd not to just create a new show

Quote: AJGO @ February 21 2012, 8:18 PM GMT

But there are offices in both countries. All the things that spring to mind about OFAH seem so very British. I suppose parallels can always be drawn between experiences but seems odd not to just create a new show

A comedy version of "Auction Hunters" perhaps.

Cool

Not really that insane, two other East End working class comedies - Til Death Us Do Part and Steptoe and Son were both massively successful in the US under the names of All In The Family and Sanford and Son.

My favourite is the Mash and Peas (Lucas and Walliams) parody of an American OFAH, complete with Uncle Robot.

I wasn't what the helling at the fact they're doing a US version. Rather at the fact that John Leguizamo is playing Del Boy.

Quote: zooo @ February 21 2012, 10:20 PM GMT

I wasn't what the helling at the fact they're doing a US version. Rather at the fact that John Leguizamo is playing Del Boy.

Do you think he will wear the fruit hat?

Quote: zooo @ February 21 2012, 10:20 PM GMT

Americans don't do poor white people anymore, they'll make it all Hispanic and change his name to Diego Boy.

Quote: Rooface @ February 21 2012, 10:24 PM GMT

Do you think he will wear the fruit hat?

I hope so.
And maybe he can shuffle around on his knees like he did playing Toulouse Lautrec in Moulin Rouge.