WKRP In Cincinnati

Does anyone remember this? It's long been my favourite US comedy series, and I'd love to see it again. The 1st season has been released on dvd in the US and has suffered hugely from having the soundtracks altered, with many of the songs in the background being replaced by presumably something a bit cheaper.

However, any fond memories of it? I remember some great characters, Les Nessman, DJ Dr Johnny Fever etc., who all seemed to march to the beat of a very different drum indeed. I think everyone remembers the live turkeys being dropped from a helicopter and going through car windscreens. Don't try this at home folks.

Another one of those great 70s shows that just doesn't seem as cool or irreverent as when it came out. It made Loni Anderson famous as a blonde pin-up girl with huge honkers. Dr Fever went on to some dumb school-based comedy Head of the Class and then quit and was replaced by Billy Connolly (his first US tv sitcom).

Loni hooked up with Burt Reynolds and it all ended in terrible tears.

WKRP suffered from "messages" in each show.

Had a nice jingle/title song as I recall. "W-K-R-P in Cincinnati".

Shame to hear they have replaced songs in the show...that's almost unbelievable...and then it's not.

The bong has fallen over and started a fire in this room. I must end this post now and take action to prevent a conflagration. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

The Skibster

I have very fond memories of this, I can't believe they have messed about with the music though.