Current radio comedy Page 83

Claire new 'Fags mags and Bags' series soon, promise you will love it!

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ February 17 2012, 3:21 AM GMT

Today's episode of Bleak Expectations made up for a disappointing Clare in the Community.

What is strange is how Pip Bin grew up to be a grumpy Sir Phillip Bin. Seriously he was just so innocent in his youth.

Part of the gag, methinks.

Clare was terrible last night. The. Wedding disaster is past cliche and this wasn't a particularly good example of it. I will however allow the singing of the favourite Billy Brag song as the best joke of a very average bunch.
Mr and Mrs Smith. The pilot was so dire that not even the endorsement of sitcom geek persuades me to return to it.
Where is Bleak lurking? I'd like to try it but can never find it.
Oh well, back to the Goons.

Quote: KLRiley @ February 17 2012, 10:41 AM GMT

Clare was terrible last night. The. Wedding disaster is past cliche and this wasn't a particularly good example of it. I will however allow the singing of the favourite Billy Brag song as the best joke of a very average bunch.
Mr and Mrs Smith. The pilot was so dire that not even the endorsement of sitcom geek persuades me to return to it.
Where is Bleak lurking? I'd like to try it but can never find it.
Oh well, back to the Goons.

Bleak Expectations is on BBC Radio 4 Extra at the moment. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cwgs6

Quote: KLRiley @ February 17 2012, 10:41 AM GMT

Not the best epsidode, but I thought it was okay.

I was on a train listening to it on a not very good radio, but I thought it was pretty decent. Maybe not the best of the series, but still ticking all the right boxes.

As for Mr and Mrs Smith, it had grown on me by the end of the series. It was still a painfully unoriginal grown-in-the-bag Radio 4 sitcom, and Will Smith's ubergeek act is getting a bit tired, but it had it's moments.

The less said about Everyone Quite Likes Justin the better. Glad it's over, hope it doesn't come back.

:D Hooray, 'Fags Mags Bags' back for new series!!!

'Highlights' Ilike it what do you think?

Quote: Snafu @ February 15 2012, 10:05 AM GMT

and the joke about Die Hard 2 has just killed that film for me. :( How did I never spot that before?

What was it?

Thank you Claire. Bearing in mind I have 4+ on virtually constantly I don't know how I've missed it.

Quote: zooo @ February 17 2012, 12:40 PM GMT

What was it?

Will Smith pointed out that the whole terrorist plot relied entirely on the aeroplanes not being able to land without the guidance system because of the blizzard, which is something they could never have predicted happening :D

Oooooooh, interesting.
*thinks about it*

Quote: KLRiley @ February 17 2012, 1:51 PM GMT

Thank you Claire. Bearing in mind I have 4+ on virtually constantly I don't know how I've missed it.

Well it's on 11pm Thursday night for Future reference.

Yay The Now Show is back! :D

Jon Holmes' rant about the weather forecasts was brilliant. Laughing out loud

He!

My reaction upon switching my radio on at 6:30 last night was more "oh for Gods sake not the sodding now show "

Literally hate it

Listened to the Pub Olympics which was on Radio 2.

It was alright but all I got out of it was that the 1900 Paris Olympics was a weird event.