Kevin Bridges

Just watched his stand-up routine on DVD; The Story So Far...Live in Glasgow (At the f**king SECC!)

Is a pretty funny guy. Has excellent delivery and has some funny musings. Not bad for a 23 year old.

Anyone else seen it/been to one of his gigs?

He's an exceptional performer for a 23-year-old and he's the type who'll remain popular for decades to come.

I can see why people like him, and he's achieved a lot at an early age.

I just find him tremendously dull though.

I love his Lady Gaga joke.

'Say what you like about Lady Gaga, but he puts on a brilliant show'.

I've only seen him on panel shows, and I always think "Oh, good, Kevin Bridges is on". He's good value. Some great one-liners.

Loved the video. His 'bought a horse' story on WILTY was excellent too.

I like Kevin Bridges for two reasons. 1. He's funny. 2. He's 24 years old.

Proves that you can be funny without having a wealth of experience behind you.

I remember hearing Ricky Gervais say 'Very few people below the age of 30 are funny'. I diagreed with this. Probably one of few things I actually disagree with RG on.

Bridges hasn't been shit on anything I've seen him do. Might even buy his DVD.

I've seen him live - brilliant and always try to catch him on telly or radio. Only thing is ... he's a naturally really funny guy, but I'm worried he hasn't got enough material!! To me his funniest material is Glasgow related and stories from his youth, but he'll soon run out of this. Live he did this skit about a would be suicide bomber on a tourist flight from Glasgow to Spain that had me bent doubled laughing. Also agree about his buying a horse sketch mentioned by someone earlier - brilliant - YouTube it.

I've noticed this more and more from comedians - with so many vehicles for exposure these days comedians must find it tough to come up with new stuff.

I think I may have to go and re-watch his DVD :)

I was amazed when I found out he was only 23/24. I'm not a massive fan, but I can why he has become so popular.

He wasn't very funny in this!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0084107/

Hi,

Is that the right link? We're talking about Kevin Bridges, not Kevin Bishop??

What about his new TV programme? Started last week but can't seem to find anything on the site.

I was hopeful for this mainly because I'd been impressed with his performances on the panel show circuit, but I was mightily disappointed with his TV show. It started off ok but as the half hour wore on I found myself at first bored, then acutely embarrassed for the poor man when he sat and 'did therapy' with some psych. What was he thinking? And then to compare himself to Tony Soprano. Dear me..... I plussed the second ep, and am yet to watch it.
Is there a specific thread for the show I'm typing about? Wave

Quote: New Puritan @ February 16 2012, 1:40 PM GMT

What about his new TV programme? Started last week but can't seem to find anything on the site.

I was hopeful for this mainly because I'd been impressed with his performances on the panel show circuit, but I was mightily disappointed with his TV show. It started off ok but as the half hour wore on I found myself at first bored, then acutely embarrassed for the poor man when he sat and 'did therapy' with some psych. What was he thinking? And then to compare himself to Tony Soprano. Dear me..... I plussed the second ep, and am yet to watch it.

I felt exactly the same. The standup clips were funny, but the links just seemed forced and unnecessary.

A retrospective from a guy who's been on the scene for about five minutes was like an odd choice of format for his first solo TV gig. Surely it would have been cheaper just to film him doing his standup and air that.

Is there a specific thread for the show I'm typing about? Wave

If there isn't you could always start one.

I would start the thread but it was so dull to watch I've forgotten the name of the prog. Huh?

Did anyone see the second episode? Should I delete or series link?

Quote: New Puritan @ February 16 2012, 6:54 PM GMT

I would start the thread but it was so dull to watch I've forgotten the name of the prog. Huh?

Did anyone see the second episode? Should I delete or series link?

Second episode was quite poor.

I like him and his stand up is great but I think this sort of thing would have worked better as extras on his DVD.