Star Wars Page 6

George Lucas needs to be taken out and given a severe beating, the last 3 Star Wars films killed the franchise and Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull was another piece of fetid garbage which had Lucas's mucky, money grabbing, CGI paws all over it.

George, for the love of God, step away from the editing suite and stop inflicting your shit on us, especially those of us who loved the original trilogy.

It's now obvious that Empire Strikes Back and, to a lesser extent, Return of the Jedi, were actually only any good because of Lucas's decreased influence in them.

I saw TPM3D today.

It works as a 3D film, but it proves 3D isn't enough to make a film good, it's still pretty patchy. It was worth it to see the opening and end credits in the cinema.

Anyone else?

I'm reading that free mag, Shortlist.
They have the top 10 Star wars Sixilogy moments.
I haven't looked at number 1 yet
What do you reckon?
No2 is I am your father Luke.

Sorry that was actually number 1
Hidden on the same page, number 2 was the death star attack.

Quote: The Rook @ February 9 2012, 7:38 PM GMT

I saw TPM3D today.

it's still pretty patchy.

'Patchy' is one word for it.

I can't see the point of retrofitting a good film with 3D, let alone a film that even hardcore Stars Wars fans don't rate.

Quote: chipolata @ February 10 2012, 10:28 AM GMT

I can't see the point of retrofitting a good film with 3D, let alone a film that even hardcore Stars Wars fans don't rate.

Money. It's a cash grab

It's worth remember Harrison Ford's famous quote to Lucas

"you can type this shit, you sure as hell can't say it."

But you'd have thought he'd have learned something about needing a better script writer.

Have a read of the wiki page on Gary Kurtz, the producer of "A New Hope" and "Empire Strikes Back" - it says all about Lucas's attitude to audiences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kurtz

Quote: Gavin @ February 10 2012, 11:28 AM GMT

Money. It's a cash grab

I'm not convinced it's a huge money spinner. Retrofitting 6 films must be expensive, and surely there's a limit to how many times people want to see these things?

Any thoughts on the new trailer? X-wings and Millennium Falcon l (the best spaceship ever) look good .

I liked the new trailer. Hopefully JJ Abrams will make something special.

Check out the George Lucas parody edition of the trailer. It's a hoot.

The only thing I didn't like the look of was the lightsaber.

That is a double edged sword.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 3rd December 2014, 10:04 PM GMT

The only thing I didn't like the look of was the lightsaber.

You've only been married 3 days. How have you got 18 spare seconds to watch a video :P