Things that piss you off Page 859

Quote: dannyjb1 @ February 6 2012, 7:08 PM GMT

2nd Interviews.

When did this become compulsary, I have to take TWO days holiday because you can't be arsed to get all the people together for just the one interview, you need to invite me back. Okay, thanks string me out a little longer, look either you think I can do the job or not. If someone else needs to check, why not schedule the one interview to the time they are there.

Grrrr....

Don't be jealous of the 'lucky' ones who didn't get a second.

Here's one for you -- people who react to something in their lives and just put that reaction as a FB status update. They don't say what has happened, just their reaction to it, like it's funny or something, or they're just angling for attention. I don't care if they're friends or not, I just hide the story.

It's just sloppy needing to interview people twice and waste of everybodys time. And redolent of an organisation with a twitchy HR dept that perhaps should be avoided.

Here's another: happy-go-lucky people who knock on your door at 8:45 in the evening thinking that they're going to get a good reaction. It's just happened -- he gave a cheery rat-a-tat-tat on the door, I took one look through the spy hole and he's wearing a bright-red winter coat with an ID hanging around his neck. Just piss off!

I thought door-to-door people weren't allowed to come round after 8 p.m.

Maybe he was actually an axe murderer.

Quote: keewik @ February 6 2012, 8:54 PM GMT

Maybe he was actually an axe murderer.

Send him my way, I need some axe murdering done. The Polish lot I hired only wounded the guy. I guess you get what you pay for. :(

I wondered why half a dozen Poles turned up my door saying

"Mr Renegade Asked for More Durs"

I had no idea what a dur was.

Quote: sootyj @ February 6 2012, 9:03 PM GMT

I wondered why half a dozen Poles turned up my door saying

"Mr Renegade Asked for More Durs"

I had no idea what a dur was.

One just doesn't walk into More Durs.

There's a shuttle bus service but you need to book online first.

Airport baggage charges, they got us caught by the goolies, sorely tempted to just layer on all my clothes to fly to Ireland this half term.

Quote: The Rook @ February 6 2012, 8:38 PM GMT

Here's one for you -- people who react to something in their lives and just put that reaction as a FB status update. They don't say what has happened, just their reaction to it, like it's funny or something, or they're just angling for attention. I don't care if they're friends or not, I just hide the story.

Go on...I admit it. That made me laugh.

Quote: The Rook @ February 6 2012, 8:38 PM GMT

Here's one for you -- people who react to something in their lives and just put that reaction as a FB status update.

I hear ya The Rook, you should get your own back by posting 'ZOMG! I know a secret but not sure if I should tell anyone' - within seconds, all your FB friends will descend upon you like hungry crows. You could string them along for weeks if you were so inclined.

My biggest problem with FB recently is the constant pressure to conform to populist ideals and the surpression of individual thought and independent decision making.

Eg. 'Change your profile pic to that of your pet for this month to show you are against animal cruelty, copy and paste if you agree.'

The inference suggests that if you don't copy and paste and change your profile pic to conform with the group, that you are somehow championing cruelty to animals.

What a bunch of twunts.

I hate Facebook. It makes me feel like everything I click is being plastered on some wall I don't know about... LAURA LIKED THIS, LAURA READ THIS.
F**k off.
Plus (on my computer at least) you think the page has finished loading, so you click on a link, and then a bunch of other stuff loads suddenly and you find you've actually clicked something else. Therefore, I keep almost friending people I had no intention of friending, or worse.
It's a bloody liabilty. I feel tense the whole time I'm on there.

Quote: zooo @ February 7 2012, 12:52 PM GMT

I hate Facebook. It makes me feel like everything I click is being plastered on some wall I don't know about... LAURA LIKED THIS, LAURA READ THIS.
F**k off.
Plus (on my computer at least) you think the page has finished loading, so you click on a link, and then a bunch of other stuff loads suddenly and you find you've actually clicked something else. Therefore, I keep almost friending people I had no intention of friending, or worse.
It's a bloody liabilty. I feel tense the whole time I'm on there.

Ditto the heavy dislike. Sounds like it's time to get out and delete your a/c?

Feeling like I'm the only one who doesn't have their life sorted. Sometimes think it would be nice to be 17 or 18 again. Seems to be more accepted to not know what to do with your life then than if your nearly 25.