Laugh Track - Studio Sitcom Contest Page 2

Nice. I just finished a script and I'm working on a new one right now, so I think I'll have a go.

It seems a bit weird they aren't asking for e-mail submissions, though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 1 2012, 8:59 AM GMT

Google.

so, anything with laughter over it?

Quote: WeeMan @ February 1 2012, 1:51 PM GMT

so, anything with laughter over it?

It means it's mostly shot in front of a live audience, as opposed to a sitcom like The Office, which wasn't.

Quote: WeeMan @ February 1 2012, 1:21 AM GMT

hi,

maybe a silly question (definitely a silly question)

what is a studio sitcom?

Examples of studio sitcoms include The IT Crowd, Miranda and Mrs Brown's Boys.

Quote: Jinky @ February 1 2012, 11:42 AM GMT

An all-female judging panel.....

Oh Jesus, middle aged, middle class women judging a good sitcom, this does not bode well.

Time for me to wheel out 'Tim Dashing, the Doctor-Vicar-Vet who moves to the small village of Menopause Under Debenhams'

:(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 1 2012, 2:07 PM GMT

Oh Jesus, middle aged, middle class women judging a good sitcom, this does not bode well.

Time for me to wheel out 'Tim Dashing, the Doctor-Vicar-Vet who moves to the small village of Menopause Under Debenhams'

:(

Pirate

Where would the one day workshop be held? If it's in Manchester and I got through to that round I wouldn't be able to afford to go

Good grief your cinders of the comedy world.

If you get through I'll organise a whip round. I'm currently organising one for a kid issues to travel to California and beatup a dolphin

Cheers Ian, good opp.

Quote: sootyj @ February 1 2012, 2:27 PM GMT

Good grief your cinders of the comedy world.

If you get through I'll organise a whip round. I'm currently organising one for a kid issues to travel to California and beatup a dolphin

:) Even if I had loads more money you'd still need a significant amount spare to get from London to Manchester. Grr privatisation of trains etc

Quote: AJGO @ February 1 2012, 2:25 PM GMT

Pirate

Where would the one day workshop be held? If it's in Manchester and I got through to that round I wouldn't be able to afford to go

I would imagine they would pay travel expenses.

and sandwiches?

My license fee eh!

Quote: Trabs @ February 1 2012, 2:36 PM GMT

I would imagine they would pay travel expenses.

They pay travel if you get through to the later round for the one week bit, not for the one day stage :(

Quote: AJGO @ February 1 2012, 2:25 PM GMT

Pirate

Travel expenses are paid for:
"16. The selected entrants will have the opportunity to attend a week long intensive residential writer's workshop during the week commencing 11th June 2012. Travel, accommodation and meals will be provided but no other costs or expenses will be paid by the BBC.The opportunity is as stated and cannot be deferred or transferred. There will be no cash alternatives."
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/laugh_track_terms_and_conditions.shtml

(though the BBC still haven't repaid some of my travelling expenses they owe me...)

Dan

Yes. But not for the one day one previously. Not thinking as far ahead as the week one!

Think of it as an investment in your writing future!

Dan