Undertakings

A TEACHER IS ADDRESSING A CLASS OF YOUNGISH CHILDREN

TEACHER:
Well children this is a very sad day. Hammy, our hamster, has died over the weekend and we must decide what to do with him.

ADAM:
We could maybe put him in a shoe box and bury him miss.

TEACHER:
Well that's a good idea Adam. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

LOTTE:
We could build a little fire, put him in the shoebox and cremate him miss.

TEACHER:
Another good idea Lotte. Any more suggestions?

MAX:
What about hiring a glass-sided coach pulled by six jet black horses in full black livery complete with black plumes, an oak coffin and floral tributes, one saying 'HAMMY' and another made to look like a little hamster's wheel.

TEACHER:
For goodness sake Max, he's only a pet hamster not an East End gangland villain. Don't you think that's all a little over the top?

MAX TAKES OUT A MOBILE PHONE AND MAKES A CALL

MAX:
Dad it's me. Have they left with the coach and horses yet? If not just send the hearse and a daffodil. Bloody cheapskates, I knew you should have sent me private.

END

LOL Very good, nice pacing good lean dialogue pretty much spot o n well done fella it's grand

Hi Gavin

Thanks for the positive comment

Hi Blenkinsop

Very funny. Liked it. Short'n'sweet too, which is always a good thing.

Dan

Nice one Blen - I know the kids are young anyway but the younger the kids are the funnier this one gets I think. The 'joke' in itself is good but to actually see this one would multiply the humour - just seeing that scenario would bring a chuckle. Can't help but love a dead furry thing to bring out a laugh.

As usual your writing is very tight and never disappoints. This is sure to bring a mighty belly laugh from everyone with big bellies and little titters for those with small.....

Excellent sketch.

Thanks for the comments folks and pleased that this seemed to hit the mark.