DVD boxed sets and missing material

I'm just about finished watching My Family from start to finish. In Series 9, the last episode is "Kenzo's project" which features clips from many earlier series. I was very surprised to see footage that I don't think I've ever seen before ... scenes that don't exist on any of the DVDs I have.

Is this possible or is my memory just slipping ahead of schedule?

You asked us this yesterday, Rose.

Have you gone insane yet?

Are these American releases or 2 Entertain's UK originals? If the latter, then I'm unaware offhand of My Family having been slashed to bits, but they're well known for the vile practice.

They're BBC Region 2 releases.

and very funny, Shaggy.

Well I'd be very surprised if there are cuts, and have never read or heard of such, but as I say it's far from impossible. To the best of my knowledge, all DVDs where cuts have been made state somewhere on the cover something along the lines of 'Due to legal or contractual reasons certain edits have been made.' If that doesn't appear on any of the series DVDs then I'd suggest it more likely that your memory is playing tricks on you.

kind of a good news/bad news answer.....thanks.

On my Frasier box set it says something about syndicated versions, what does this mean?

Alternate edits made for repeat runs across regional US stations rather than the nationwide network that the show originated on.

Is there much difference?

Haven't the foggiest. Unlikely, as Yank shows are already short enough.

3 minutes - advert - 4 minutes - advert - 5 minutes - The End!

It's been interesting to get DVDs of Britcoms that I had first seen on commercial television. PBS doesn't have commercials and, so, doesn't trim but stations like Vision -- Canadian -- which airs quite a number of British situation comedies, chops them mercilessly -- and poorly. As you say, it seems as though there are more advertisements.

Watched one episode of an older ITV show -- The Two of Us -- with a friend who, not being familiar with older sitcoms, laughed at the "part one/part two" break. He couldn't believe that the shows aired with only one interuption.

Half hour shows still only broadcast with one ad break. Thank God we've not been prey to that particular American invasion.

We should all be extreeemely grateful!

Minder Box Set.

Interestingly there is a warning notice on Amazon saying that the item might not be as described as is not currently on sale.

See Amazon product listing

I got my copy recently and have had trouble with some of the discs loading and, on one disc so far, I had to have my television sound up to 43 on its scale to hear it properly. I normally listen at about 10 - 12.