Hello Funny People

Wave

I have been reading many of the threads in the forums like a sneaky cyber stalker and I figured I should sign-up so I could participate in some of the chit-chat.

I am nearing 40 years of age and so far in life it would be fair to say that I am a loser. Rather than have a nervous breakdown I have decided to have a go at stand-up comedy (it worked for Jimmy Carr).

I am hoping that this site will help me get started and I look forward to an interesting relationship with the other members until I am too wealthy and paranoid to continue posting in the forums.

My biggest influences in comedy are (in no particular order):

Richard Pryor
Dave Allen
John Lloyd
Laurel & Hardy
Bill Hicks
Spank! You Love It
Mark Thomas
and everyone else who has ever made me laugh & cry!

- See you in the other parts of the forums soon :)

Welcome aboard, Bob.

Some of the most interesting people in the world didn't know what to do with their lives until 50. Welcome.

Hey :) I'm also a starting out stand up comedian so if you want help with anything feel free to ask :D

Welcome, you can't go worse than having Bill Hicks in your profile

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

I chose the name "Bob Hicks" because Bob Marley & Bill Hicks have been very important to me while growing up.

My profile picture is a combination of the two but I guess my photoshop skills let me down because it kinda looks like just a picture of Mr Hicks Laughing out loud

Ah, I thought he was wearing some kind of large Russian hat!

Hello there Wave