Thank God You're Here - Paul Merton Page 5

I find it quite difficult to enjoy pre-written TV comedy at the moment let alone improvised. I found myself going 'that's quite good considering' but is that the standard we should be enjoying?

It must be quite embarrassing for Ben Miller and John Thompson to lose to Fern too.

I thought it was okay, but it would have worked much better at half the length. And including non-comedians is a mistake.

^^^ Even though the non comedian was better than the actual comedians.

Half the length? Give that man a biscuit. It would indeed be much easier to digest as a series of 10-20 minute (at max) shows.

I don't watch much ITV and this show reminded me why. I only stayed with it as long as I did because I like Paul Merton and Ben Miller but they must be as embarrassed about their involvement as I was watching them. It was so cringingly bad that, unless something happens to completely turn it round, I'll be surprised if there's a second show, never mind a series beyond whatever they've scheduled. The 'stars' floundered throughout and the 'rent an actor' bit-parters were the type of unlovable jobbing luvvies few could warm to. It may improve but, frankly, I won't be there to see if it does. I'll be modelling with earwax instead - far more entertaining.

PS I actually came on to this site for the first time while 'googling' to see if the programme had been axed yet.

Is there anyway I can watch this online. I know BBC and Channel 4 shows, I can, but this one?

Hello Shrimp. A great intro to the site, and something I don't think you'll get much disagreement with. I'm going to force myself to sit through it though. One of the "perks" of the job of co-running a site such as this. >_<

Quote: Charles E. Lawley @ January 16, 2008, 1:38 PM

Is there anyway I can watch this online. I know BBC and Channel 4 shows, I can, but this one?

They do seem to put some stuff online, so it's worth a look. Well, actually, it's not worth a look. But if you REALLY want to, then you can.

Can't find it, though our British version may be a bit wank. The Aussie's were lords at it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FmJP5zc8ZsU&feature=related

Quote: Aaron @ January 16, 2008, 1:40 PM

Hello Shrimp. A great intro to the site, and something I don't think you'll get much disagreement with.

Unless you look through the comments, which include good, bad and indifferent. The average rating is probably... average.

Tonight, Clive Anderson gets my vote.

I thought Clive was pretty poor really. Hamish was the best by far. Paul again failed to impress. As did the whole show. Disappointing.

And to Mr. ITV, to be perfectly honest, if I wasn't involved with this site, I'm not sure I'd have watched at all. Pity, 'cos it's nice to see you actually trying to do some comedy for once.

I quite liked the Aussie bloke.

Quote: Aaron @ January 19, 2008, 10:01 PM

And to Mr. ITV, to be perfectly honest, if I wasn't involved with this site, I'm not sure I'd have watched at all. Pity, 'cos it's nice to see you actually trying to do some comedy for once.

There's been worse so-called comedy on the BBC of late. I agree it's not rip roaring laugh a minute stuff but I think I prefer it to some of the 'new comedy' that the BBC has churned out lately.

Mm, yes, true. But Mr ITV can't do anything about that, can he? ;)

I noticed that Lee Mack is on the show next week which i'm excited about as I think he's pretty good.

And Jennie McAlpine will be on there and she plays Fiz in Corrie, She'll either be very good or really bad I think, No real inbetween.