CHRISTMAS! Page 35

Quote: DaButt @ December 30 2011, 3:15 PM GMT

Saturday evening about 30 neighbors and I are going out to a nice restaurant for dinner and drinks and then we're heading back home for more drinks and a big bonfire in the woods behind our houses. We built a nice fire pit for our traditional burning of the Christmas trees. Then there will be fireworks on the street at midnight.

Sunday evening another neighbor is having his annual wine and wild game party. Dozens of bottles of wine, fine cigars and tables heaped with pheasant, dove, quail, elk, caribou, hog and venison in many different forms.

We used to do things like that 800 years ago !

Quote: DaButt @ December 30 2011, 3:15 PM GMT

Sunday evening another neighbor is having his annual wine and wild game party. Dozens of bottles of wine, fine cigars and tables heaped with pheasant, dove, quail, elk, caribou, hog and venison in many different forms.

I hope one of your neighbours has a defribrillator on hand.

Quote: chipolata @ December 30 2011, 3:31 PM GMT

I hope one of your neighbours has a defribrillator on hand.

The meat is practically fat-free, but there will be an obstetric nurse, a respiratory therapist and a plastic surgeon on hand.

Hmm, 3-2 for staying in...well, if that's the majority vote it would be rude to ignore it

:D

Get yourself out AJGO, it's only once a year!

Damn, 3-3, any unsociable types want to offer an unbiased opinion? :D

Yep. Staying in because am on medication and will have to act as taxi for Riley Major who's got his New Year party sorted.

Quote: random @ December 30 2011, 8:58 PM GMT

:D

Get yourself out AJGO, it's only once a year!

I've just remembered that I have some marvellous blue sequin shoes that need a festive outing so may go.. it's the staying out bit I hate, why can't we have midnight at a civilised time like 9?

Oldrocker's arrangements sound like the best of all worlds.

What, mocking Americans? :D

Quote: AJGO @ December 30 2011, 9:21 PM GMT

What, mocking Americans? :D

LOL, I meant DaButt!! What a plonker I am.

Quote: AJGO @ December 30 2011, 9:17 PM GMT

I've just remembered that I have some marvellous blue sequin shoes that need a festive outing so may go.. it's the staying out bit I hate, why can't we have midnight at a civilised time like 9?

Get yourself out there, those sequin shoes deserve a night out :)

They really do.. okay, maybe for a little bit, for the shoes

Stay in AJGO. Going out is not worth the hassle. I intend to be in bed asleep by 11pm on NYE having turned off all mobile phones.

While I agree with Will Cam's sentiments, you absolutely cannot let blue seqinned shoes languish in a cupboard.