I miss the '90s

I never thought I would say this . I MISS the 90's. I have ALWAYS thought the present was BEAT! I graduated HS in 84. I WROTE off the 80's in 86. I turned 21 in 87. I was SPENT. The 90's REARED It's UGLY head. I thought it was a TRASH decade. I started a band in 92. We ran out of gas by 94. I Drank alot and saw alot of "washed-up " bands. I kept thinking."IT WILL GET BETTER". Well now I wish I could go back to those CRAPPY days. It was EASY then. All this COMPUTER and Cult of Personality GARBAGE! Here I sit in PHilly venting spleen to Bored Brits. How did it come to this? Post Modern Garbage.

It is SO strange writing the year 2011? It sounds like a bad Sci-Fi movie. I guess we are having fun? Yippeee! The more toys you have the more jaded you become. I sit at work reading guitar forums? How dumb. If you guys want a laugh check out My Les Paul Guitar Forum. I hang in the BACKSTAGE! Pure JUNK! I have too much time on my hands.I miss drinking Popov triples and watching the Ramones? Nothing like waking up with your head SPINNING and a belly of cheap vodka.

I miss Trevor and Simon too.

Laughing out loud

Maybe if I put on my red shoes, close my eyes and click my heels together three times - and wish really, really hard - then maybe Cast, Gene and Ocean Colour Scene will put aside their musical differences and reform...?

So I must remember not to ever do that, you know, just in case.

I like random CAPITALS and erroneous question marks?

Quote: Tim Fezziwigl @ December 12 2011, 2:21 AM GMT

I never thought I would say this . I MISS the 90's. I have ALWAYS thought the present was BEAT! I graduated HS in 84. I WROTE off the 80's in 86. I turned 21 in 87. I was SPENT. The 90's REARED It's UGLY head. I thought it was a TRASH decade. I started a band in 92. We ran out of gas by 94. I Drank alot and saw alot of "washed-up " bands. I kept thinking."IT WILL GET BETTER". Well now I wish I could go back to those CRAPPY days. It was EASY then. All this COMPUTER and Cult of Personality GARBAGE! Here I sit in PHilly venting spleen to Bored Brits. How did it come to this? Post Modern Garbage.

It is SO strange writing the year 2011? It sounds like a bad Sci-Fi movie. I guess we are having fun? Yippeee! The more toys you have the more jaded you become. I sit at work reading guitar forums? How dumb. If you guys want a laugh check out My Les Paul Guitar Forum. I hang in the BACKSTAGE! Pure JUNK! I have too much time on my hands.I miss drinking Popov triples and watching the Ramones? Nothing like waking up with your head SPINNING and a belly of cheap vodka.

Stop PUTTING pointless capitalisation in your sentences!. Other than that, I agree the 90's seemed better though I was a child then, we had a labour government, who knew we would look back to them with longing?. We have the internet though and that to me is one of the greatest advances, there is never a day goes by I am not glad for it. Because I remember when we did not have it, and it was shit.

Quote: sunderland @ December 12 2011, 4:56 AM GMT

the 90's seemed better though I was a child then, we had a labour government,

New Labour, not Labour. The last time Old Labour were in power was in the 70's, and their only lasting legacy was letting Margaret Thatcher in.

Never understood the rose tinted specs for the 80's and 90's. Music/TV/Movies everything is as good now as it's ever been. Plus now we have the CERN and The internet!

Personally I am nostalgic for the seventies; my parents pined for the fifties. Let's face it, it has been pretty much all downhill since the invention of fire.

It's just nostalgia for childhood rather than nostalgia for a particular decade. I think that's pretty normal!
If I could fill my house with '80s/early '90s stuff I'd be quite happy. But I'd still want all the current stuff too. I certainly wouldn't choose the past over the present.

Meh, seems pointless to me. Can't go back. So just make the best of what you got.

But that's me, each to their own I suppose.

Musn't grumble.

Quote: sunderland @ December 12 2011, 4:56 AM GMT

Stop PUTTING pointless capitalisation in your sentences!. Other than that, I agree the 90's seemed better though I was a child then, we had a labour government, who knew we would look back to them with longing?. We have the internet though and that to me is one of the greatest advances, there is never a day goes by I am not glad for it. Because I remember when we did not have it, and it was shit.

CAPS ARE FUN!The Internet is overrated.The real world was much more entertaining. I find myself wasting tons of time on this infernal machine. It is a good tool for finding out facts. I believe it is a very poor substitute for human contact. Everybody thinks they are a star now.Everyone is distracted. My nephew was playing football with me and had to stop every 5 minutes to read a useless text. People are addicted to their own voices to the point of ABSURDITY! Mystique is dead. EVERYONE is an "insider'. I catch myself looking at the computer when I could be reading,playing guitar,going to a museum. The electronic GOD has us bowing to it all night and day.

Too right, bring back National Service.

I do agree to a point, Fezziwigl.
But as an aside, isn't doing random capitals and silly shouting very much part of the internet culture you're saying you don't like?

Its interesting that acts made it in the 90s, oasis, Blur, Nirvanna, were influenced by 60s and 70s music.

They must be the first generation not to be inspired by the music of their teens. 80s pop was so awful they tried to blank it out like some pervy uncle's midnight bedroom visits.