Misfits - Series 3 Page 4

Rolling eyes

Funny episode tonight. Next week's looks good too.

Exactly what I just came on here to post. :)

I will miss the female Curtis though, if we never see her again, which is what it looks like.

This weeks looks a bit like Pet Semetery with the dead cat and person brought back to life and acting evil.

Also, I can't believe none of you gayboys mentioned the sexy sprinter girl in running shorts earlier in the series that Boy and Girl Curtis got off with. She was gorgeous.

Overall it's been a watchable third year for the show, but it reminds me a bit of Heroes in that it's never really fulfilled the promise of the brilliant first series.

The last episode was good and funny. There seems to have been a shift away from any attempt at story arc to a series of stand-alone episodes, which still work, largely because of the talent of the new guy; but it does tend to sideline the other characters, for example, brooding quiet boy superhero now has virtually nothing to do.
There's an online mini-episode too, in case anyone's missed it.

Why have most of the new superpowers barely been used? And why are most of the new superpowers so rubbish?

The new guy's not bad, but the scripts were clearly written for Robert Sheehan before he buggered off, and you can't help but feel Sheehan would have brought a bit more sparkle to them. Not the new guys fault, but he's just not as good. Hopefully in the next series they'll be able to establish him more as his own character rather just a karaoke version of his predecessor.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 8 2011, 10:03 AM GMT

And why are most of the new superpowers so rubbish?

It is odd that the new superpowers don't get used, it's as if the writers can't be bothered with them.
I like it that the powers are as much a problem as a virtue, but they really could do more with this.

Quote: chipolata @ December 8 2011, 9:31 AM GMT

This weeks looks a bit like Pet Semetery with the dead cat and person brought back to life and acting evil.

Yes, I thought that too.

Would be good to have some zombies though, now that Walking Dead's on a break.

I wouldn't have you down for a zombie fan, zooo. I know you like post-apocalyptic though (who doesn't?).

Bloody love zombies.

Cool

Quote: chipolata @ December 8 2011, 9:31 AM GMT

Overall it's been a watchable third year for the show, but it reminds me a bit of Heroes in that it's never really fulfilled the promise of the brilliant first series.

Disagree entirely, I've found each series to be an improvement on the one before - a very rare state of affairs with ANY show!

I usually like anything with zombies but this was a bit disappointing. And I wasn't sure how the cat could manage to kill healthy young cheerleaders - even if it just bit and infected them they shouldn't have gone zombie so quickly.

I am extremely glad the kitty escaped. Although I still had to feel all uncomfortable and look away every time I thought they were about to do it in. Why couldn't it have been a dog...