I hate comedy panel shows Page 2

I thought it was the crowds of flambard waving peasants trying to set fire to his masters castle that kept them off the streets?

Quote: sootyj @ December 6 2011, 4:35 PM GMT

I thought it was the crowds of flambard waving peasants trying to set fire to his masters castle that kept them off the streets?

Laughing out loud

Quote: sootyj @ December 6 2011, 4:35 PM GMT

You thought you were being too clever for us, sootyj, but flambards are large swords and peasants just wouldn't be able to afford them. They'd probably make do with a fire-on-a-stick.

(Except for Tottenham where they'd probably just loot one...)

Not a new format though-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCKfjHzbIY

Just as a point of interest, 'Flambards' is the name of a theme park in Cornwall. I use the term 'theme park' loosely. It's rubbish. Large swords could only improve it. Well stocked on peasants though if I remember correctly.

Flambards was also a rather good eighties ITV period drama.

We probably have too many. I don't think we need both HIGNFY and Mock the Week. We can do with just the one.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 7 2011, 8:45 AM GMT

We probably have too many. I don't think we need both HIGNFY and Mock the Week. We can do with just the one.

Maybe they should combine HIGNFY with the actual news, with Merton and Hislop flanking Fiona Bruce, although of course it would then be less funny than just the news on its own.

Quote: Nogget @ December 7 2011, 8:58 AM GMT

Maybe they should combine HIGNFY with the actual news, with Merton and Hislop flanking Fiona Bruce, although of course it would then be less funny than just the news on its own.

Of course the problem with that is that the only headline would be: "Eric Pickles is fat."

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 7 2011, 9:01 AM GMT

Of course the problem with that is that the only headline would be: "Eric Pickles is fat."

If they did it with the The Now Show boys, the only headline would be "John Prescott is fat".

I am a fan of QI and there are often some genuinely 'unscripted' funny moments.
But something that always grates with me is that they often have a guest who suddenly knows all about a very vague topic.
They then stutter through the facts of this topic obviously trying to remember their lines given to them just before filming.

We are not fooled.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ December 7 2011, 9:31 AM GMT

I am a fan of QI and there are often some genuinely 'unscripted' funny moments.
But something that always grates with me is that they often have a guest who suddenly knows all about a very vague topic.
They then stutter through the facts of this topic obviously trying to remember their lines given to them just before filming.

We are not fooled.

I am.

Is it not possible that the person has an interest in the topic or prehaps just remembers something they once read about it?
Sometimes it can be hard to recall information on the spot, especially "useless" facts.

Quote: reds @ December 7 2011, 11:06 AM GMT

Is it not possible that the person has an interest in the topic or prehaps just remembers something they once read about it?
Sometimes it can be hard to recall information on the spot, especially "useless" facts.

I wouldn't argue with Stephen Goodlad, he isn't easily fooled. Here he is, earlier today in fact, once again: not being fooled.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ December 7 2011, 9:45 AM GMT

Then Ian Beales missus went up north to live in Corrie and changed her accent - she didn't fool me though, I still knew it was her.

Thank you Don for some faith in me.

I was just saying to my wife as we drove along - the little man that works the traffic lights knows my car and always changes them to red as I approach