Shooting Stars Page 44

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 15 2011, 7:19 PM GMT

Why on earth cancel it?!?! It's STILL brilliant and can hardly be all that expensive to make; in fact I heard they took a big cut so they could keep doing it.

It was by far one of the funniest things the BBC put out this year. Shocking decision.

Exactly. It's hilarious. I always tune in.

I hope it continues - although I don't have Sky so won't be able to watch on there.

FFS.

Shooting Stars should be untouchable. It's an institution God dammit!

Lets just keep those inane scripted to the letter bullshit panels shows like Mock the Week with Dara "Ahhhhhhhhh, errrrrrrrrrr, emmmmmm" O'briain and Buzzcocks with that fat tosser and Amy Winehouse's mate.

Yeah, lets do that Angry

Ridiculous

The last series was pretty much the best one ever IMO

Who is the pillock in charge of comedy at the BBC?

They need a bloody slap

*forms a queue*

The BBC are idiots. Sure this would have continued well! Maybe we will see a resurrection in 2014

You can probably see why though.
If they had to cut something.
As fun as it is, it must be the least accessible panel show for the casual viewer

Dick talks cock:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2011/11/23/14384/the_bbc_was_right_to_axe_shooting_stars

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 20 2011, 12:41 AM GMT

You can probably see why though.
If they had to cut something.
As fun as it is, it must be the least accessible panel show for the casual viewer

Maybe he was taking the piss, I don't know, but Bob tweeted that he and Vic wrote and starred in the last series for less than Alan Hansen is paid for two episodes of Match Of The Day.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that were true.

Ban all sport, I say.

Certainly on TV. If you want to watch sport that much it's fairly easy to go off and watch it in the flesh.

I cannot agree with your ban all sport suggestion Aaron. I need a good fix of my football highlights package, IMO there isn't enough sport on the BBC.

As for Shooting Stars, it doesn't surprise that the BBC have axed it. They are spineless with much of their comedy output nowadays, more and more people will start to watch Dave, more4 etc. They need a Gene Hunt type character at the BBC to sort out the comedy output.

Axed? Silly Beeb.

This is absurd. 2011 has been arguably the worst year for comedy EVER, and this was about the only show that provided any real belly laughs. Madness.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2011, 3:20 PM GMT

watch it in the flesh.

*shudders at thought of clammy zooo-flesh*

Nice to have you back...

Quote: zooo @ December 7 2011, 9:58 AM GMT

Nice to have you back...

Cool

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ 29th August 2009, 5:24 PM

The dancing corn cobs on Big Night Out were one of the funniest things I've ever seen and still make me chuckle. Vic had to snap some in half when the numbers called out started to include fractions.

Can you remember which episode the musical corncobs were on?

The dancing corn cobs on Big Night Out were one of the funniest things I've ever seen and still make me chuckle. Vic had to snap some in half when the numbers called out started to include fractions.