I'll have a bit of that.

I see that Ralf Little has written a sitcom that has been directed by Craig Cash, called the Café.

Both made their names as actors - and whilst no-one should be prevented from changing or enhancing their careers, aren't these career changes less down to unexpressed talents coming to the fore than established performers diversifying to keep diminishing opportunities amongst themselves?

What do people think?

I just thank God that, after years of him struggling with learning the trade of writing sitcom and dealing with the constant pain of rejection, they've finally given Jack Whitehall the chance to write and star in his own sitcom.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 6 2011, 1:03 PM GMT

I see that Ralf Little has written a sitcom that has been directed by Craig Cash, called the Café.

Both made their names as actors - and whilst no-one should be prevented from changing or enhancing their careers, aren't these career changes less down to unexpressed talents coming to the fore than established performers diversifying to keep diminishing opportunities amongst themselves?

What do people think?

Well if you want to go down the route of the latter argument, at any one point in time there only seem to be about, maybe half a dozen or so, bit more perhaps but not much, directors doing almost all comedy. Example: Paul Wheeler has done almost every HIGNFY since Series 10, That Sunday Night Show, most of Live At The Apollo, and umpteen stand-up DVDs ranging from Rich Hall to Michael McIntyre. Plus, I'm sure, plenty we don't have credits for as yet. It's a fairly restricted world with the same trusted hands working constantly.