Thank God You're Here - Paul Merton Page 2

I quite enjoyed it, and fern was the best, she took charge of the scene.

Poor Ben Miller seemed genuinely nervous.

Yeah I noticed that as well, is it probably because she has the least pressure on her, with a lot of people not thinking shes funny.

I'm not sure I will watch it next week but it does have Michael McIntyre (Who was brilliant on live at the Apollo, hes also a side splitting comedian) so maybe I will watch it.

It wasn't great.
But Hamish was.

Quote: zooo @ January 12, 2008, 11:26 PM

It wasn't great.
But Hamish was.

Actually, of them all I thought he was the worst.

I did post my thoughts on another forum so I'll repeat them here.

I thought it was alright, but not anything special. Paul's scene was a little dissapointing but I thought there were a few decent lines in there (I laughed when he tried to tranquilize the villian disguised as the scientist but injected himself by accident). I cringed at the bad stirred not shaken/tea joke.

As for the four performers, Fern was the funniest of the four, no doubt (kind of ironic considering everyone had pre-judged her performance before the show had begun). She took control of the scene and she seemed very confident at thinking on her feet. Ben Miller wasn't too good, probably because he was a bag of nerves. Hamish Blake was alright and his scene was quite enjoyable. John was also decent enough and had a few good lines. And that end scene was a little confusing, and not that funny (I did laugh at John calling himself Brian the Blessed, but that was about it).

Anyway, overall I did enjoy this in parts and will be watching again next week.

Quote: jacparov @ January 12, 2008, 11:28 PM

Actually, of them all I thought he was the worst.

Ha! Weird.

Well I thought considering Fern Britton is not a comedien, She was really good.

I was shocked the queen of daytime tv said F**k though lol.

Did she?!
I only heard her say piss off.

I laughed out loud on several occassions. Fern was great, didn't think much of Ben whose supposed to be a comedien.

Has he had something chopped off?

Quote: zooo @ January 12, 2008, 11:31 PM

Did she?!
I only heard her say piss off.

Well when the bloke nearest to her asked her if his father had been in contact she dead yes he has and he said you're a f**king loser.

I think she said loser, Something like that anyway.

She was trying to speak scottish and maybe she said facking, but either way we knew what she meant.

I 'll be watching again, improv is great when it works but poo when it doesn't.

Quote: Magnus D @ January 12, 2008, 11:28 PM

I did post my thoughts on another forum so I'll repeat them here.

:O Traitor! Teary

I too thought Fern was the best. Bloody odd show though. Paul was ... bad. To be honest. And evidently can't read from autocue. And looks pregnant when viewed from the side. Still, I don't think I'd have done much better - but then I don't profess to be a top comedian.

Anyway. Yes, very weird show. I'll tune in next week, but somewhat begrudingly I feel.

Oh, and the lack of explanation of why Hamish was there was just mind boggling.

Quote: Rosco @ January 12, 2008, 11:32 PM

I laughed out loud on several occassions. Fern was great, didn't think much of Ben whose supposed to be a comedien.

I did like it when the bloke said speed and ben said yes please lol.

I thought it was funny anyway.

Quote: Aaron @ January 12, 2008, 11:34 PM

:O Traitor! Teary

Well I have been registered there for well over a year since I joined here and am a Mod there too ;)