Never Better Page 2

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 11, 2008, 1:23 PM

Does anyone know the viewing figures for it?

A quick count through this thread suggest at least 8! So better than Hyperdrive already.

It wasn't the greatest show I have seen, but I'll probably give it another try. Does anyone know the viewing figures for it?

Probably about 3m for the start and 172 at the end.

Quote: Rick Skelton @ January 11, 2008, 1:55 PM

A quick count through this thread suggest at least 8! So better than Hyperdrive already.

Rick you beat me to it :) By god what an awful show.

It wasn't the greatest show I have seen, but I'll probably give it another try. Does anyone know the viewing figures for it?

The official Never Better figure was a rather average 1.4m. It was beaten by Katy Brand who got 1.6m. Moving Wallpaper/Echo Beach smashed BBC2 a little earlier in the night with a rather impressive 5m. Of course it remains to be seen how many of those will carry on watching tonight when the second Wallpaper/Echo double-bill goes out.

Quote: Rick Skelton @ January 11, 2008, 1:55 PM

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Mark @ January 11, 2008, 2:22 PM

The official Never Better figure was a rather average 1.4m. It was beaten by Katy Brand who got 1.6m. Moving Wallpaper/Echo Beach smashed BBC2 a little earlier in the night with a rather impressive 5m. Of course it remains to be seen how many of those will carry on watching tonight when the second Wallpaper/Echo double-bill goes out.

Where did you get those figures?

If I know Mark, probably a magic walrus named Malcolm.

It was watchable. Although I got a bit confused. What was his job?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 11, 2008, 3:09 PM

It was watchable. Although I got a bit confused. What was his job?

It wasn't mentioned, but the chracter says he has one.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 11, 2008, 3:12 PM

It wasn't mentioned, but the chracter says he has one.

Great bit of character creation there.

It was ok, but didnt seem to have the cutting edge that this type of show needs; maybe it will in future episodes. Good enough for me to watch again, and I liked the bit where the kid starts laying the boot in.

It was ... urgh ... until the very last scene, which was a perfect way to end an episode on a joke.

Hmm? .. sounds like it mainly gets poor reviews, so may walk right past it!

Quote: SivoxII @ January 14, 2008, 12:38 AM

Hmm? .. sounds like it mainly gets poor reviews, so may walk right past it!

I'd give it a chance. Often I don't think you can really tell how much it's going to work until the third or fourth episode. It may be a grower. What's clear is that something more than grumpiness, insecurity and social awkwardness needs to emerge from the main character pretty soon.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 14, 2008, 12:44 AM

What's clear is that something more than grumpiness, insecurity and social awkwardness needs to emerge from the main character British non-sketch comedy pretty soon.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 14, 2008, 12:44 AM

It may be a grower. What's clear is that something more than grumpiness, insecurity and social awkwardness needs to emerge from the main character pretty soon.

It could also be described as the Ricky Gervais effect. Because The Office and Extras were so hugely succsful, producers break their necks to commission similar non-studio audience single camera comedies that rely heavily on socially awkward characters doing and saying socially awkward things. We'll get loads more of this type of show until the genre finally plays itself out and something new comes along for TV executives to bludgeon to death.