Rape jokes Page 24

Quote: Dave Williams @ November 6 2011, 3:56 AM GMT

hahah or the incest/rape joke "is it the fact that your father raped you as a child that upsets you, or the fact you enjoyed it"

the man is a legend :)

That is not real Frankie Boyle "joke" is it? Even he can't be that crass.

I don't know if he pinched it from someone else but I certainly heard it from his mouth.

The conflicted sexuality of child abuse victims - oh my aching sides.

Quote: Timbo @ November 7 2011, 10:47 AM GMT

The conflicted sexuality of child abuse victims - oh my aching sides.

Sounds like your dad wasn't doing it right.

No wonder you're confused.

Can I have my million pound channel 4 contract now?

i raped a joker once.
Is that irony
or just a bad joke.

I'm sorry from reviving this thread but I've have a thought about the subject of rape jokes. Sorry if it's already been mentioned and you think I'm forcing this down your throat.

I would argue that it is more likely for a woman to get away with a rape joke than a man. When it comes to these sorts of jokes it is usually always a man raping a woman. If you swapped it around so it is the woman raping the man the chances of that sort of gag would be more acceptable because of the juxtaposition.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 21 2012, 9:38 AM GMT

I'm forcing this down your throat.

Good Lord!

My thoughts on this issue;

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tony-cowards/can-jokes-about-rape-ever_b_2099305.html

Now that's an interesting article Tony. And I completely agree that you can issolate one subject from the others. I mean rapes not ok, so child abuse is? child abuse isn't ok? ok then adult abuse is ok? Until we're left with it not being ok to mock that guy's maloderous dog with no nose. Indeed if you're on the wrong side of the don't mock line then it's explicitly ok to mock you. e.g. it's ok to mock French people because we don't mock Africans. And comedy is by it's very nature transgressive. You joke about rape because you can't talk about it.

I just wish some comedians could show a little more judgement. I means there's a massive diference between some one doing a routine of their experience of being raped. And a dickhead I saw do a routine the other day; about rape, murder and torture with the repugnant audience hooting every "edgy" refeference. I truly felt sorry for the only woman in the audience. Except he couldn't meet he unamused and unimtated glower.