Shooting Stars Page 43

Fingers crossed it means space for more more more Mock The Week episodes!

Just when it had regained its mojo it gets cancelled! Bollocks.

I hope it doesn't go to Sky as I don't want all our comedy to go the way of British sport with only the well off getting to see it. F**k Sky. F**k 'em.

Channel 4 then?

They're making Angelos's new programme.

Ok

That's that sorted.

It is disappointing news, but not entirely surprising. The BBC made quite clear last month that BBC Two would be cutting down on its panel and chat shows, so they've got to bring that axe down somewhere. As they really only have this, the newly overhauled Buzzcocks, the far more mainstream Mock The Week and the newer Frank Skinner's Opinionated (anything else?), it was probably the most obvious of the lot to lose. But let's not expect that this'll be the only casualty of DQF.

It does strike me as rather in-line with aspects of Sky's comedy strategy, but would be an even more obvious pick-up for Dave.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000679/shooting_stars_cancelled/

I think Opinionated would have been the more obvious.

And any or all would have been preferable...

Do people still watch Buzzcocks? Golly.

Buzzcocks is indeed a heap of shite now that Amstell has left and the BBC have failed to appoint a suitable replacement host. Instead we get the likes of Dermot O'Dreary and Lorraine Kelly as guest hosts. Occasionally there are some good episodes, but they seem to be very few and far between nowadays.

They should have cancelled Buzzcocks. Shooting Stars was still maintaining a consistently good quality, Mock The Week has improved vastly since the unfunny Russell Howard packed his bags (Chris Addison is an excellent addition) and Frank Skinner's Opinionated is a great little show.

I really am not surprised that half of the BBC's comedy talent is flocking to Sky, as much as I hate to admit it.

Hopefully Dave will pick up Shooting Stars. Right now that seems to be the best alternative platform for such shows.

I wouldn't be surprised if BBC 2 had made this decision before the last series even aired, as I remember at the time wondering why I hadn't seen any advertsising, it just seemed to be suddenly on again.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 15 2011, 10:00 PM GMT

I wouldn't be surprised if BBC 2 had made this decision before the last series even aired, as I remember at the time wondering why I hadn't seen any advertsising, it just seemed to be suddenly on again.

Yes, that is very true. There was little in the way of any advertising for the latest series of Mock The Week either.

I thought Mock The Week had been cancelled as well, but was just reading an interview with Chris Addison on Digital Spy which seemed to imply that it's continuing...

Mock The Week is one of BBC Two's few big hitting audience-draws, so it'd be very surprising if it was cancelled at any point soon.

Stewart Lee should've been axed.

Make your own jokes.

We have to when you're around.
MWAHAHA I'm hilarious.
Stewart Lee's annoyed me this week too though. Everyone's making zooo angry!

Oh well. As long as Vic and Bob carry on making stuff, even if it's just online, I shall allow the world to continue un-smited.

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2011, 11:19 PM GMT

We have to when you're around.
MWAHAHA I'm hilarious.

:D :P

Quote: zooo @ November 15 2011, 11:19 PM GMT

Stewart Lee's annoyed me this week too though. Everyone's making zooo angry!

I know nothing of this, he always annoys me.