Most naturally funny man in the UK Page 7

:( Mark How do you know that?...

With out a doubt there can only be one answer to this question even though there isn't. That is Billy Connolly. Surely natural comedy involves being able to just walk on stage and talk and be funny. I'll grant you he has become somewhat stale in the twilight of his career (I have his last 3 DVDs and over half is repeated from the last) but in his prime, pound for pound, joke for joke he is the greatest of all time.

Or Bill Bailey.

:P Bill Bailey over that royalist arse licker.

I think David Mitchell is naturally very funny, witty, good at ad-libing etc etc.

Can't really think of many other people out there at the moment that I would say are better TBH.

Ken Dodd

Lee Mack, definitely.

Quote: Joey Moose @ October 1 2011, 11:35 PM BST

Lee Mack, definitely.

Yes.

Have to agree with David Mitchell. He is unintentionally hilarious as well, his rants are second to none.

Quote: Matty P @ October 18 2011, 10:49 AM BST

Have to agree with David Mitchell. He is unintentionally hilarious as well, his rants are second to none.

Do you really think he's not intending to be hilarious?

Yeah, he is of course well aware he is being funny and it's definitely intentional. There is no reason why "naturally funny" has to mean "unintentionally funny". It's more someone who can be funny in any situation, with or without a script or good material to work with. Mitchell definitely falls into that category, whereas some actors like Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards, who were hilarious on Seinfeld, completely bomb at stand up and in interviews. Yes, they are funny, but not without killer characters and a tight script like Seinfeld had. Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld on the other hand, naturally funny.

Lee Mack +1

Karl Pilkington. Definitely.

David Icke.

Ken Dodd... old school.
Steve Coogan... Present Day.

Pilky
Gervais
Mitchell