Open Mic gig list Page 3

Alski on here, https://www.comedy.co.uk/profile/alski/, is involved with a gig in Weston I believe, might be worth PMing him.

Thanks Tony, will do.

Gig Name: Honesthieves Stand up Variety night
Venue and location: Hertfordshire, Stevenage and Hitchin
Contact name and number: Michael Miles(honesthieves@gmail.com) 07825551600
Time and regularity: Monthly

always looking for acts, anything and a Muscians, sketches, magicians and stand ups. Slots vary depending on experience.
Be great to hear from you.

Thanks Michael!

Anyone know of some open mics in and close to Cardiff and Lincoln :)

Hi everybody
Seems to be demand for open mic, so I'm putting on an Open mic hour at the Cube Cinema Bristol, followed by a great film. Ifthis one is sucessful it could be a regular event.

Here's the programme extract- take a look at www.Cubecinema.com

"Comedy Combo - Open Mic Comedy Hour & It Happened One Night

20:00 28/01/2012
The Cube presents Comedy Combo 8pm £5/4

An open mic hour plus a classic flick.

Roll up!
A chance for aspiring stand ups to polish their shtick and hone their wit in a small and friendly venue, followed by legendary comedy 'It Happened One Night.

Directed by Frank Capra, and starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert, this was the first film to win all five major Oscars - for Picture, Director, Screenplay, Actor and Actress (as they were called in those days). A laugh out loud comedy released in the depression of the thirties, and just the thing to give you a lift in the depths of winter - and, oh yeah, a recession/depression.

Please contact Marian@cubecinema.com in advance of the night to book yourself in for a short stand-up slot...

so please do get in touch, and tell me a bit about yourself. Looking to book about 8 of you in the hour.
All the best
Marian

"So you think you're funny?!"

The premise is pretty simple, it's a straight up competition to see who the audience thinks is the funniest with cash prizes.

Entry will be £2 on door (NOT inc. performers) and the winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will receive a percentage of this (roughly 30%, 15%, 5%) with the rest going towards helping to fund University of Bath Societies and Sports teams.

Acts will each get 5 minutes on stage and I would be hoping for 8-10 acts in total. Each member of the audience would have a voting card on which they will write down their two favourite acts, in the event of a tie there would be a one joke tie breaker. Biggest laugh wins.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

The date for this is 20th of March @ The Huntsman Inn, 1 North Parade, Bath.

Doors open at 7pm, acts start at 8pm.

For more information, or to register your interest, please contact Alastair Band at ajb62@bath.ac.uk

Please spread the word, the more people that come and watch the more you can win!

Act entry is open to anyone and everyone, this is an ideal place to fine tune some existing material or get up on stage for the very first time.

^ It seems strange to ask for 4 minutes of material when 5 and 10 minutes is typically the standard. It might make sense to change that.

5 mins it is then! :D

Hello, fist time poster, so hoping that I've arrived bearing something resembling good news and will be welcomed as the second coming (of the postman)... Deep down though, I just want to be accepted... Wave

Anyway, I hope this is something which would interest comedians in the West Country:

Gig Name: Plymouth Comedy Club Open Mic Night
(Facebook Event)

Venue and location: Notte Inn
(60 Notte Street, Barbican, Plymouth, PL1 2AG)

Contact name: Simon

Contact email: comedy@sgriffiths.info

Time and regularity: 8pm, Tuesday 17th April 2012
(Trial, hopefully monthly beyond that)

FREE to performers and audience, so we're hoping for a good crowd. Starting at 8pm, running through until around 10pm. If you drop me an email if you're interested I can pencil you in for a preferred time. Usual rules apply, come and give it a go and have some fun. We're pretty flexible with time slots, you know how much material you've got after-all.

PS. We've got our first ticketed event 10 days after this, and there's the possibility for a 5-10 minute (paid) slot to someone who does the business at the Open Mic Night.

I will delete the picture and update the details after the event once we know if we're going to make it a regular thing.

Damn you! I haven't had a car for the last year, so haven't bothered looking for open mic nights because quite simply I just cannot afford the travel frim North Cornwall. Find out there's an open mic night in Plymouth just after I get a car and it's the day after I go on holiday. (1st holiday n 5 years as well).

I hope the night in Plymouth on the 17th is a success, both for you (I know the stress of organising a night in a pub that fails miserably! ;) but also for me, cos if it goes well this time and you organise another go, I will be first in line to put my name down. I would this timebif I wasn't holidaying. Damn it. I'm not entirely sure I'm looking forward to it now...

Sorry to hear about the timing Cheagle. Hopefully with the response we've had so far it should do more than well enough to go again (and at least earn me a beer off the landlord!). Thankfully the aforementioned landlord is a stand-up fan, so he's willing it to work too.

Enjoy your holiday, and hopefully see you at the May instalment. :) (I'll update the details on here shortly after the first night. The next one will probably be May 15th if it goes ahead).

How did the night in Plymouth go? Is there going to be another one in May? Would be interested in coming along if there is.

Hi, does anyone know of any open-mic spots in South wales, swansea preferably.
i have been looking for ages and most clubs don't do open mics just established comedians.
im in need of some stage time, ive only been able to get one gig and that was the king gong show in manchester, but yeah in wales now.

I'm representing a nightclub in Cheltenham called thirteenDegrees we have big club nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday and have a large fan base. We're looking for something fresh and exciting for Thursday nights and decided to investigate the comedy scene as there is little or none already in Cheltenham.

Looking into doing an open mic sessions or even a fortnightly run event.

If anyone has any helpful advice or in fact looking for a venue around the Gloucestershire area feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you as possible.