Using Celtx Page 2

Ah, very good. Thanks for that, Leevil!

No probs! Celtx is a neat piece of kit. It's my hypocritical* mission to promote it.

*Don't always use it myself but owe it and the creators much respect.

Um... how do I transfer a word document to celtx (to 'screenplay' or as my version calls it, 'film')? Help much appreciated!

Quote: AJGO @ October 26 2011, 8:42 PM BST

Um... how do I transfer a word document to celtx (to 'screenplay' or as my version calls it, 'film')? Help much appreciated!

Here you go.... http://wiki.celtx.com/index.php?title=The_Script_Editor#Importing_Scripts

From the Celtx online Wiki

Many many thank yous! A daft question... where does it save to? How do I email it in this format? :$

Not quite sure what you mean.....

It will save to which ever file you tell it to. To email you'd be best to convert it to a PDF file http://wiki.celtx.com/index.php?title=Generating_PDFs

Ah, wasn't on the typeset/pdf page yet! Thank you- may your avatar guitar be ever tuneful

Actually... :$ Is there an easy way to insert 'scene x' throughout, or do I need to do it manually?

Celtx will automatically number the scenes or if you want particular wording/heading then you could use find and replace

I wonder if I've formatted the Word document oddly, as celtx doesn't seem to recognise anything I put in for what I think it is! But have gone through and done it, so hopefully all good. Thanks again for your help :)

Celtx doesn't recognise Word Formatting. You should save the original as a text *.txt file and then import.

Ah-ha. I think. We shall see! Cheers KJSmyling

I miss the Celtx forums. Such a genuinely nice bunch of folks. Unlike this shite-hole. Whistling nnocently

Does anybody know if there is a way of adding Headers & Footers with Celtx? If not, does anybody know of a way of adding them to the PDF once I convert it over?

Cheers.

I seem to have lost the option to save Celtx files to .txt, what I'm trying to do is save to 'word' ideally but there is no option...does anyone know how to do this? am having a monster headache with this at the moment.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 11 2012, 4:41 PM BST

I seem to have lost the option to save Celtx files to .txt, what I'm trying to do is save to 'word' ideally but there is no option...does anyone know how to do this? am having a monster headache with this at the moment.

Save as PDF (Go to Typeset/PDF tab at bottom of page). When you open the document as a PDF on your computer (I presume you're using Adobe?) there is a 'Tools' option in top right hand corner. Click on that and it'll give you options to convert to Word, excel, and .rtf.

If your computer programmes are in the slightest bit different to mine then I absolutely do not have a clue! But KJSmyling provided a really handy link up the page about doing the reverse so maybe check that out too